Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

@phaezed I get that Blue has its own issues. Hell even Green has had cases of RMT(remember server first RBB???) and drama. In a year or two the drama on green imo will probably be just as bad or worse than Blue. I honestly don't think Admins will care a single bit about any of that. Its a Cost thing. Run 4 servers or 3? People forget that were ran on donations, and admins free time. 4th server = more gms, more dedicated time by admins, and server cost. It doesn't make sense, hence we lost Teal.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 07-28-2020, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Ahim not in IT. Someone explain, please. Can't rogean just split a server in 2(or however many you like) like you can with hard drives? Don't need another physical server. ?

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-28-2020, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

one thing they will have to address when merging is same account character transfer

one of my accounts has 8 toons on blue and 5 on green. only 8 slots per account, so they are gonna have to split that account to a new one or delete/overwrite some of my characters.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahim not in IT. Someone explain, please. Can't rogean just split a server in 2(or however many you like) like you can with hard drives? Don't need another physical server. ?
You can spin up as many instances as you want. Bandwidth won't increase because population is going to be mostly cannibalized. Maintenance will increase in terms of dealing with more variables and staff resources would be diluted.

That doesn't matter. This discussion is kind of funny because the reality is that Green will be Blue, merge or not. The third server will cannibalize Green and take all the progress-from-start people with it just like they came from Blue the initial time. And then Green will be Blue, except it will take a couple of more years to catch up vis a vis the shenanigans that take place when no one is watching.
Old 07-28-2020, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
one thing they will have to address when merging is same account character transfer

one of my accounts has 8 toons on blue and 5 on green. only 8 slots per account, so they are gonna have to split that account to a new one or delete/overwrite some of my characters.
The staff explained what would happen: all 13 characters will be on the same account. The first 8, alphabetically, will be visible; the other 5 will be below and you won't be able to click on them or play them unless you delete some of the first 8. There won't be any splitting of accounts or deleting of characters.

Furthermore, duplicate names will probably get an x added to the end.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:09 PM
Banned

i already have most of my character slots filled out how will merging work? do i have to delete some on my characters or will we know be able to have 16 characters when the server merges
Old 07-28-2020, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff explained what would happen: all 13 characters will be on the same account. The first 8, alphabetically, will be visible; the other 5 will be below and you won't be able to click on them or play them unless you delete some of the first 8. There won't be any splitting of accounts or deleting of characters.

Furthermore, duplicate names will probably get an x added to the end.
This is the exact thing that happened Teal > Green its not even speculative we've seen it in action. The name plus X part I don't know about first hand though.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i already have most of my character slots filled out how will merging work? do i have to delete some on my characters or will we know be able to have 16 characters when the server merges
You'll have to delete. Basically you shouldn't have rolled green toons on the same account as your important blue ones.

Most people who've been around P99 a while at the high end run a ton of different accounts rather than placing their alts all on the same page. I keep multiples on one account too but I knew better than to use the same one for green when it launched.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:13 PM
Banned

crap! i might have to make an alt account!
Old 07-28-2020, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll have to delete. Basically you shouldn't have rolled green toons on the same account as your important blue ones.

Most people who've been around P99 a while at the high end run a ton of different accounts rather than placing their alts all on the same page. I keep multiples on one account too but I knew better than to use the same one for green when it launched.
I made ONE character on green for this reason: I can spare a slot on my account, but not a bunch of slots. Contrary to popular opinion, I suspect a great many players don't necessarily use multiple accounts. That's more of a power-gamer move.

Danth
Closed Thread