Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

I made a human enchanter, I feel very milk toast.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-03-2020, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wants unique character

makes druid

LOL
Human druids are pretty rare though. Mind you, the thread is about rare class/race combinations, not rare classes :/

Gnome clerics are pretty rare. Human / Half-elf warriors are pretty rare too. I'm also a big fan of Human rogues, as someone else mentioned.

It is amusing that the developers clearly intended Humans to be a popular race but they are somewhat rare for a lot of the class combinations.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

Half Elf druids are more rare than Human. At least I haven’t seen a half elf Druid on Green compared to a few humans I know. That base wisdom is rough.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Any druid will have a hard time being truly rare because druid is almost always the most popular class, usually by a fair margin, and only has four races to choose from. For rare you want a class of low-to-middling popularity and which has a lot of racial alternatives, like warrior. Humans are uncommon for some specific combinations but with 13/14 classes available they never feel rare because there are always a lot of humans running around Norrath. Dark elves run into a similar problem in an environment where everyone and his brother has a DE illusion item in his bag. The DMO guild might inflate erudite paladins' popularity somewhat since that's presently the only tank available to that guild.

Danth
Old 08-03-2020, 02:16 PM
Banned

human and half elf druids are not rare at all

I will agree gnome war and gnome rogue are probably #1
Old 08-03-2020, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will agree gnome war and gnome rogue are probably #1
Gnome Rogue is a good one. Classic combo too! The leader of TheSafehouse was a Gnome Rogue (their name escapes me at the moment).

As for Gnome Warriors, there are a few notable super twinks out there, which is why I don't _feel_ like they are rare, but they probably are very rare by the numbers.

I also think actual Dark Elf Warriors are pretty rare too, but with all the guises the rarity is kind of negated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-03-2020, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

non-twink gnome war is definitely rare, there are only so many kushidas in the world

human casters was mentioned and i agree, my human wizard stands out in most crowds
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 08-03-2020, 03:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnome Rogue is a good one. Classic combo too! The leader of TheSafehouse was a Gnome Rogue (their name escapes me at the moment).

As for Gnome Warriors, there are a few notable super twinks out there, which is why I don't _feel_ like they are rare, but they probably are very rare by the numbers.

I also think actual Dark Elf Warriors are pretty rare too, but with all the guises the rarity is kind of negated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol as someone who raids on a DE warrior the occasional "Ohh Vult is a real DE!" post-rez remarks still make me smile. There's two of us in Kingdom, not sure of many other real DE warriors.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Half Elf druids are more rare than Human. At least I haven’t seen a half elf Druid on Green compared to a few humans I know. That base wisdom is rough.
This is pretty true probably only seen 2 before
1 in video tho
Old 08-03-2020, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Unique race / class combo?

how about African Billionaire?

this demographic is underrepresented on the world stage
Closed Thread