Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 11:51 PM
Aviak

No lay hands update? With velious gear the current state of LoH is laughable. Not even a 40% heal on my paladin let alone a useful heal on a warrior.

Patch notes from jan 2001:

'Lay on Hands' has been improved starting at 40th level.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:08 AM
Large Bat

Wizzy AE snare (Atol's Spectral Shackles) broke with this patch. With 4 mobs stacked on top of each other, only the targeted mob gets snared. This is going to make Wiz life very difficult until it's fixed since nobody wants us in groups =\
Old 09-22-2015, 02:57 AM
Kobold

Friendly reminder that the server wide message says to post bugs in the petition / exploit sub-forum. Not trolling, just trying to help get things back to normal.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:03 AM
Sarnak

what does
" Group XP is no longer averaged to compensate for XP Modifiers (Class Bonuses, Racial Bonuses/Penalties)."
mean?

does this mean races with xp penalties get more or less xp? I can't comprehend because I'm dumb.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what does
" Group XP is no longer averaged to compensate for XP Modifiers (Class Bonuses, Racial Bonuses/Penalties)."
mean?

does this mean races with xp penalties get more or less xp? I can't comprehend because I'm dumb.
Some classes had xp penalties (monk 20%, paladin 40%, etc) while others had bonus's (warrior +10% rogue +9%). In addition some races have penalties (iksar/troll 20%) while halflings have a bonus (+5%). In a group these penalties and bonus's were shared.

So if two people were grouped and killed a mob worth 100 xp, it would divide it up based on those things. For characters with no bonus or penalty it would be an even 50:50 split. But lets say one character had a 50% penalty, they'd get 75 points of the xp while the other player would get 25 points of the xp. Visually they would level at the same rate since the character with the penalty needs more xp for the same level.

Now all class penalties are gone. And racial bonus's and penalties aren't shared anymore. So halfling warriors are going to level even faster!
Old 09-22-2015, 04:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some classes had xp penalties (monk 20%, paladin 40%, etc) while others had bonus's (warrior +10% rogue +9%). In addition some races have penalties (iksar/troll 20%) while halflings have a bonus (+5%). In a group these penalties and bonus's were shared.

So if two people were grouped and killed a mob worth 100 xp, it would divide it up based on those things. For characters with no bonus or penalty it would be an even 50:50 split. But lets say one character had a 50% penalty, they'd get 75 points of the xp while the other player would get 25 points of the xp. Visually they would level at the same rate since the character with the penalty needs more xp for the same level.

Now all class penalties are gone. And racial bonus's and penalties aren't shared anymore. So halfling warriors are going to level even faster!
I see so halfling warriors will level even faster but be less beloved by groups who no longer share in their bonus? so penalty races will level slower, but at the same time be less hated... then again.. no one ever hated sharing the racial experience penalty just the class one... maybe I should reroll my ogres into halflings! thanks for the clear explanation!
Old 09-22-2015, 04:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I guess now I know why it felt like I was leveling slower on my warrior today... its because I actually was -_-
Old 09-22-2015, 05:51 AM
Skeleton

Default What they said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilkata [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wondering, are the druid heal spells live now? What about cultural armors? Do they still require high lvl gems to make?
I was wondering the same thing about cultural armors enchant metal spells gem requirements. They were removed on live in the April 17, 2001 patch.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:16 AM
Planar Protector

its still broke
Old 09-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well if that was the patch note, it would be incorrect as they drop in Icewell and not Thurgadin. Not completely unprecedented to have a typo/wrong zone reference...

I would assume the reason there is little information on them is the Coldain tended to be everyone's first faction they were friendly with. Mostly because it became a trading hub and every race/class combination by default started non-KoS there and the most dungeon-like zones (Kael/Skyshrine) were far better grouping options than Thurg/Icewell are.

Most posts on EQClerics regarding Icewell either are Dain raids or Basement farm groups for spells/gems (which don't seem to happen here). Few people mention killing Coldain there but not many.
As a young boy, my guild was a giant faction guild and thusly killed many many dwarves....even as a Giant faction guild, we did not hunt the councilors unless we were in 'faction raid' mode which I still dont remember killing them or getting any necklaces. 99% of the groups in Icewell were hunting for gems at the bottom ( rarely ) or hunting for the nice looking Plate armor that drops from the Sentinels etc.

The royal throne room was intimidating to pull from as Dain was up, usually did not bother tagging things out of there let alone have necros and shamans waiting for Councilors in their private bedrooms for slaughter.