Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 04:03 AM
Sarnak

Default FD before mob dies

To avoid getting faction hits, I have sometimes used the trick of feigning death just before the mob dies to let my DoTs and/or pet do the last dmg. It has always worked. I get XP, eventual loot but no faction hits.

Yesterday, I started camping the geonids in WL, and when I did this, I did NOT get any XP and the geonid's corpse poofed. It was as if an NPC had killed it, but no one else was around. I only got the message that "You have slained a geonid", but nothing else.

Are the game mechanics different in WL or what?
Old 10-08-2018, 05:35 AM
Fire Giant

My experience is: if you have a pet up then you get exp, a lootable corpse and no faction hit. But if you have no pet up you will get nothing. No exp and the corpse will poof. Flopping to avoid faction hit is usually done with a pet as if not then the mob starts regenning 5% per tick. So could it be you just have been used to doing this with a pet and on this one occasion you didn't have a pet summoned?
Old 10-08-2018, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

Methinks the mob has to be engaged with something as it dies. If you just flop and it resets then dies to a dot tick, then the corpse poofs. Having a pet on it makes it so this won't happen.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My experience is: if you have a pet up then you get exp, a lootable corpse and no faction hit. But if you have no pet up you will get nothing. No exp and the corpse will poof. Flopping to avoid faction hit is usually done with a pet as if not then the mob starts regenning 5% per tick. So could it be you just have been used to doing this with a pet and on this one occasion you didn't have a pet summoned?
You are absolutely correct, my friend. Thanks! Thanks Brut also.
Closed Thread