Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thana8088 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we don't need Maestro and we aren't tracking Maestro and two completely different other guilds race to kill Maestro (Div not being one of them), what is it you want from us exactly?
To make a list of such non priority targets for you and FE to make sure there isn't interference during the said week. Maybe for some targets, either TMO or FE don't really want to kill it, but do it nonetheless in fear that the other guild kills it and brags about it for example. Or because you need it but not that much, you'll still track it loosely.

If we can create a list of such non priority targets for both top guilds, then we can have that free week started. And the rest of the time, you'll keep doing what you do, which allows your guild to still gear up new recruits for example.
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Old 03-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgrunt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To make a list of such non priority targets for you and FE to make sure there isn't interference during the said week. Maybe for some targets, either TMO or FE don't really want to kill it, but do it nonetheless in fear that the other guild kills it and brags about it for example. Or because you need it but not that much, you'll still track it loosely.

If we can create a list of such non priority targets for both top guilds, then we can have that free week started. And the rest of the time, you'll keep doing what you do, which allows your guild to still gear up new recruits for example.
So you want us to coordinate with FE and make the effort to schedule a week and then tell you exactly when you should be tracking the mob because we won't be doing it to save you the trouble of actually just tracking it?

Huh, interesting concept.
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
All priest, all the time.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thana8088 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you want us to coordinate with FE and make the effort to schedule a week and then tell you exactly when you should be tracking the mob because we won't be doing it to save you the trouble of actually just tracking it?

Huh, interesting concept.
No, not at all. I'm doing the coordination to get that list updated. I would then keep track of the said week and notify both guilds when it starts and ends. Can keep a Google calendar updated for that matter.

Then it will be up to smaller guilds to losely track the targets, and engage them the way they want to (be it FFA, rotation, mix of both in a tiered way etc.). While you can keep your trackers focused on the priority targets (which again are not part of the deal, like CT, VS, Trak, VP etc.).

If anything, it helps both top guild focus on their priorities while giving a bit of a vacation for non priority targets.

Now, you can only agree to the fact it's actually an interesting concept.

So please, why don't we give it a try guys, like 1 or 2 occurences and see how it goes. I assure you the raid scene will remain the way it already is for the top guilds. I don't mean to change that.
Last edited by finalgrunt; 03-28-2013 at 11:07 AM..
Old 03-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgrunt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, not at all. I'm doing the coordination to get that list updated. I would then keep track of the said week and notify both guilds when it starts and ends.

Then it will be up to smaller guilds to track the targets, and engage them the way they want to (be it FFA, rotation, mix of both in a tiered way etc.). While you can keep your trackers focused on the priority targets (which again are not part of the deal).

If anything, it helps both top guild focus on their priorities while giving a bit of a vacation for non priority targets.

Now, you can only agree to the fact it's actually an interesting concept.

So please, why don't we give it a try guys, like 1 or 2 occurences and see how it goes. I assure you the raid scene will remain the way it already is for the top guilds. I don't mean to change that.
I can't promise anything and I am sure many people will think this has a "rotation aroma", but we ARE having internal discussions about what we can do for smaller guilds.

I mean, we aren't unreasonable. No-one's going to eat your eyes.
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
All priest, all the time.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I can't promise anything and I am sure many people will think this has a "rotation aroma", but we ARE having internal discussions about what we can do for smaller guilds.

I know you are reasonable, that's why I'm pushing it. A reasonable request for reasonable people. I'm sure we can work something out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

no

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 03-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnauga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TMO logic: "my level 17 cleric needs his epic asap"

Think i'm joking ? That's actually what happened at the first ragefire after the rotation ended ! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] too lazy to look for the rnf thread..
the frenchman tells true story
Old 03-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:

not to be rude, but, weve heard that before. and imo opinion its a little too late, FE is stomping you guys all over the place (in game and in forumquest) of course you guys would want to come to the bargaining table now. but what would the little guy have to gain from it?
Old 03-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF420 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not to be rude, but, weve heard that before. and imo opinion its a little too late, FE is stomping you guys all over the place (in game and in forumquest) of course you guys would want to come to the bargaining table now. but what would the little guy have to gain from it?
Well whoever is #1 or #2 on said targets isn't important. Both of top guilds are in another league when it comes to mobilization and tracking power. If FE decided to leave a target up, without TMO consent, we know how it would end. That's the reason we need agreement from both top guilds on this (got FE agreement, some TMO members seem to be ok with it). I now hope it settles down and we can get one occurence started in the coming weeks.

If TMO is looking for ways to give some room for the smaller guilds, this is the perfect opportunity.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Well whoever is #1 or #2 on said targets isn't important. Both of top guilds are in another league when it comes to mobilization and tracking power. If FE decided to leave a target up, without TMO consent, we know how it would end. That's the reason we need agreement from both top guilds on this (got FE agreement, some TMO members seem to be ok with it). I now hope it settles down and we can get one occurence started in the coming weeks.

If TMO is looking for ways to give some room for the smaller guilds, this is the perfect opportunity.
Patience pays off. Plenty of good people exist within TMO and I hoped their voices would get in eventually. Even amongst the bad, there are realistic and respectable opinions.

If it all comes out to "TMO/FE won't track X target at Y time, we decide, we leave it up for any other guild to FTE." or anything similar to, this will all have been worth it. I'd look forward to some friendly competition with some other guilds. You meet more people that way.

Recoome Kaboom - ?? Shadow Knight (Ogre)
Tierael Div`launim - 40 Cleric (Dark Elf)
Closed Thread