Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 11:10 PM
Banned

Default Cultural appropriation?

I got a didgeridoo for christmas. I've always wanted one. I'm not sure if I just enjoy the sound, enjoy playing instruments, or just enjoy putting large phallic things to my face and blowing raspberries for hours at a time.

But I digress. Seeing as how I am a White male, Does owning a didjeridoo make me racist via cultural appropriation? If so, how would I dispose of it in a way that respects aboriginal traditions so as not to offend them further?
Last edited by Filthy_Pagan; 01-04-2016 at 11:14 PM..
Old 01-04-2016, 11:14 PM
Banned

find an aussie bloke to beat the living hell out of you to gain an understanding of the authentic abbo experience
Old 01-04-2016, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
find an aussie bloke to beat the living hell out of you to gain an understanding of the authentic abbo experience
Ive got a white aussie friend who tells me I'm going to start sleeping in the street in the middle of the day and saying "wot cunt" for no reason now. Do you think this is a good enough introduction, or should I have him beat me up to be thorough?
Old 01-04-2016, 11:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy_Pagan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive got a white aussie friend who tells me I'm going to start sleeping in the street in the middle of the day and saying "wot cunt" for no reason now. Do you think this is a good enough introduction, or should I have him beat me up to be thorough?
the beating is necessary

please seek a aussie beating ASAP
Old 01-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Banned

Australia Day is soon. Get ready for the sizzles mates!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4AchHTN-XQ
Old 01-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Banned

I need some serious responses, please. This has been weighing on my conscious heavily.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Lu|zSect

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2016, 11:45 PM
Banned

if using didgeridoo is cultural appropriation for you, using any form of combustion not generated by lightning is cultural appropriation for abbos. i think you come out ahead.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if using didgeridoo is cultural appropriation for you, using any form of combustion not generated by lightning is cultural appropriation for abbos. i think you come out ahead.
No, because I'm not a minority. Minorities cannot culturally appropriate from the majority.

But being a Reformed racist and forum Prefect of Matters of Racial Equity, I was hoping that you could clarify the matter for me. All things considered, does this make me a racist?
Old 01-05-2016, 02:24 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy_Pagan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, because I'm not a minority. Minorities cannot culturally appropriate from the majority.

But being a Reformed racist and forum Prefect of Matters of Racial Equity, I was hoping that you could clarify the matter for me. All things considered, does this make me a racist?
sorry for the delay in reply, i had to flagellate and put my thorned chastity belt back on after my microaggression transgression. I guess reforming is an ongoing process.

Using a didgeridoo does not in and of itself mean you are a racist. There are a few specific things you need to do when you play this fine instrument to ensure you are not culturally appropriating.
  • 1. No making money from it
  • 2. No accepting any praise for "your" skill at the instrument. The rich heritage of the Aboriginal culture taught you to play and you must remind anyone who compliments "your" playing that you are in fact channeling the beauty of a culture oppressed nearly to extinction by disgusting racist white animals like you once were, before you sought the wisdom of Retardation.
  • 3. Before and after each song/piece, you must audibly thank the Aboriginal People, who provided the meaty and flavorful culture you and your audience are enjoying, and apologize for the harm done to the Aboriginals by your not-so-distant relatives.
  • 4. INTENTIONALLY make at least one mistake in every performance, cough nervously, pause, and explain that you are inferior with the didgeridoo to a native player before awkwardly continuing with downcast and ashamed eyes. This is a 100% truthful statement regardless of how much skill you gain, as long as you stick fully to the rule.

If you follow these four simple rules and DO YOUR HOMEWORK you will officially be not a racist while playing the didgeridoo in the eyes of the Lord. I would like to remind you that my civil service exam for the Prefect of Matters of Racial Equity position was taken in 2015, and I have not yet renewed my commitment to the 2016 ruleset, details of which remain to be finalized. You must exercise your better judgment and check in on recent MTV documentaries, Tumblr, and network news daily to be sure you do not deviate from the zeitgeist of the movement of open-hearted ones.

If you catch yourself transgressing, merely rectify your ways, flagellate (as needed until blood is drawn, which you will then use to draw a red swastika upon your stomach. then you will slap your stomach with an open palm until the dried blood symbol can no longer be seen against the redness. then you will cleanse yourself with a shower without touching the hot water knob), and make your confession to the Retarded God in my presence. My dual offices put me in a unique position to negotiate your forgiveness for racial transgressions with He of the Independently Locomotive Oculi.

Good luck with your didgeridoo practice my son. May your playing be Retarded.
Last edited by Big_Japan; 01-05-2016 at 02:30 AM.. Reason: All glory to SoRP!
Closed Thread