Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Default Rotation RNF Thread

So now that Rustle has broken the Veeshan's Peak Rotation and Awakened continued the carnage with the Ring War Rotation, I thought it would be fun for us all to make some predictions and in a few months we can all laugh at how wrong we were. Here are mine:

Veeshan's Peak
Getsome dips into his armory of Prayers and cracks the whip on Rustlers without sufficient MR. Rustle starts to look a lot like Kunark IB in Veeshan's Peak, scoring 50% or so and pulling off some impressive low numbers kills (to go with some valiant failures). Awakened just doesn't have enough toons to park everywhere and isn't able to instantly FTE even with working Skyfire evacs, but manages to pick up most of the graveyard spawns and Hoshkar when Rustle wipes. Aftermath is in a similar, but smaller, boat and gets nearly nothing. CSG attempts to compete but is rule lawyered into submission.

Ring War
In my humble opinion, the Awakened leadership have made a tremendous mistake here, because CSG is a daytime guild. I think CSG Ring Wars every week or so (they probably don't want more). Rustle/Venerate and Awakened pick up their leftovers and evening spawns. Aftermath is mostly shut out as they need the highest percentage of their guild to win. Someone lets the Seneschal despawn without even trying a war.

Other
CSG, between shaking their collective fists at Rustle/Awakened, goes hard for Dain. With additional pressure on A/A to park out at VP, some practice pulling, and someone frapsing hard with bind sight CSG pulls off 3-4 Dains in a row after parking their 90 man super casual zerg at Icewell fully buffed. Venerate continues to go hard in the paint and gets a Statue or Tormax FTE here and there. Rustle manages a decent number of alt-based Kunark kills despite our mains being locked inside the Peak.

Aftermath
Aftermath could of course be fine. But if things work out this way? With Rustle dominating VP, CSG dominating all things dwarven, and Awakened continuing to win a majority of races Aftermath's kill list for a week might look like: KT, Kreizenn, Gozzrem, Cekenar. That's not enough pixels to keep people logging in, and would eventually lead to a demoralizing 12 hour failure in the Plane of Growth at which point their guild would be on the verge of collapse. A few possibilities
  • Aftermath merges. Most likely candidates would be Fires of Heaven I guess.
  • Detoxx dips into the fascist playbook, devaluing the currency (= doubling DKP earned for socking/kills) which would encourage people to log in and spend / race. Meanwhile Legday Goebbels increases his volume of propaganda.
  • Aftermath collapses. Their best poopsockers, err racers, go to Rustle after being lured by the 'pick your item for 25 DKP'. Their warm bodies make the 'informed choice' and go to Awakened.

Prediction
If Aftermath survives a month or two, I think rotations come back with a vengeance. Rustle, Aftermath, Awakened, and CSG would rotate Dain, VP, ST golems, and Ring Wars. All players are simply doing more work for roughly the same amount of pixels without a rotation. If Aftermath collapses, I see the 'competition' getting fiercer.

P.S. In deference to Awakened's delicate sensibilities I have posted this thread in server chat even though we all know it is destined for RNF. Lets try to keep the fay gate nonsense out of here for a while, shall we? After it is moved we can all start up with the 'Awakened officers don't dock themselves DKP for posting in RNF' meme.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Kobold

you seemed rustled
Old 10-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Fire Giant

Who gives a f.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

My prediction:

BDA won't shut up about phinny, red players continue spouting off "Try red" and eventually a new rotation is worked out with a hand slap on each guild.

Knights continue to bump their defense cap thread and discord server never comes up.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Tl;Dr - Breaken & Co. still scum bags.

Move thread to RnF so it can get the attention it deserves.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

try Phinny
Old 10-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

There will be no rotations in RnF. BDA has that shit on lockdown.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Banned

You thought it would be fun to read that?
Wrong

Put this shit where it belongs next time
Old 10-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So now that Rustle has broken the Veeshan's Peak Rotation ...
You want server drama? Cause this is how Sever drama starts.

In before move!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Clorthos PAL
Kagrubb SHM
Lidokidz PAL

Almost Useful
Old 10-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

I predict Rampage dominates Velious and moves on with life.