Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 04:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any suggestions for an obscure zone or area tonight for around level 10?
Qeynos catacombs for the sake of traveling. Getting there from Freeport at that lvl is quite a journey and the catacombs are great to discover. Also take a boat from Qeynos to Odus and visit a very cool zone like Warrens that isnt bad for a trip. Maybe Stonebrunt later on for the hippy feeling of it. Or Dagnor’s Cauldron for the weird feeling of cliffs and disparate lvl range, then head to lesser fay, then minotaurs caves in SF. Perhaps die to guards in akanon for killing lower lvl spiders. Plenty to do at lower lvls its nuts.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:47 AM
Fire Giant

Highest ZEM zone in the game (besides Crushbone) is Befallen and nobody ever is there. You can start there at level 7 but it goes up a bit. Since you need to get keys and there are traps it's a nice early test case for later dungeons. Try it.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Highest ZEM zone in the game (besides Crushbone) is Befallen and nobody ever is there. You can start there at level 7 but it goes up a bit. Since you need to get keys and there are traps it's a nice early test case for later dungeons. Try it.
I like Befallen but I understand why people don't like it.

The mobs are tightly grouped together so it can be hard to split, and also the keys make it time consuming to travel directly to a deeper spot or do a CR.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:13 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Befallen is one of the best learning dungeons the game has, exactly for the reasons you say. It has a lot of mechanics later dungeons throw at you. Keys, tons of casters mobs with pets, mobs that put 5 minute diseases on you, hard splits, roaming mobs that are 10+ levels higher than you, traps, PITA corpse runs, etc.

Dalnir, to me, is the higher level Kunark version of Befallen. No keys, but everything else is really similar, just replace undead with kly. Same with Kaesora and HS. Those both feel very Befallen-ish.

Najena is a great "next step" after Befallen, because it too has keys, traps, weird pathing, random way overpowered mobs, etc.

Also, for unused, obscure zones or spots, get even 10% of a level in Swamp of No Hope, LFay (other than the Nybright sisters), the drolvarg underground in FV, or stuff like tat, and you'll be seeing/doing stuff most people have never seen, much less grinded on.
Riigor - Cazic Thule Necromancer of <Auld Lang Syne>
Old 10-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venjenz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Befallen is one of the best learning dungeons the game has, exactly for the reasons you say. It has a lot of mechanics later dungeons throw at you. Keys, tons of casters mobs with pets, mobs that put 5 minute diseases on you, hard splits, roaming mobs that are 10+ levels higher than you, traps, PITA corpse runs, etc.

Dalnir, to me, is the higher level Kunark version of Befallen. No keys, but everything else is really similar, just replace undead with kly. Same with Kaesora and HS. Those both feel very Befallen-ish.

Najena is a great "next step" after Befallen, because it too has keys, traps, weird pathing, random way overpowered mobs, etc.

Also, for unused, obscure zones or spots, get even 10% of a level in Swamp of No Hope, LFay (other than the Nybright sisters), the drolvarg underground in FV, or stuff like tat, and you'll be seeing/doing stuff most people have never seen, much less grinded on.
What I really need some help with is for one of you that is very knowledgeable to put together a list of the obscure areas or zones and attach a level to it. I tried using the wiki last night as a guide for level appropriate zones and it's just not as good as advice from a real player. For example last night our group went to beholders maze, and while there are mobs of appropriate level, it's difficult to get them without pulling a level 20 minotaur or other hi level mob. I now know beholders maze is not for level 10 group, more like level 15 to be efficient

So we took a run to Runneye thinking our chances would be better, again, the goblins are appropriate level, but the level 20 mushroom kicked our asses.

Anyway, as frustrating as it was last night, it really was a blast to take a shot at these less visited zones.

If any of you want to join me again tonight, group level range will be 10 to 15. I'm still up in the air about where exactly to go, but I'd be happy to port people on my druid wherever that may be.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

You’re probably almost high enough for Kerra Isle - which is super fun!
Old 10-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Banned

I have a mid 20s bard I'd like to join once you guys get up towards that level.

I've only ever done the XP highway.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If any of you want to join me again tonight, group level range will be 10 to 15. I'm still up in the air about where exactly to go, but I'd be happy to port people on my druid wherever that may be.
10 to 15, do Befallen. Top 2 floors good for those levels, bottom will take you to 18ish, assuming there isn't the requisite powerleveling going on, in which case the bottom floor will be a bust. If the omnipresent druid PL'er isn't there, cool. If they are, go to Najena around 16.
Riigor - Cazic Thule Necromancer of <Auld Lang Syne>
Old 10-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm totally into this
Lmk man! I have a 21 SK or 18 Enchanter id love to bring along! Add Evaline and Kelarian to friends list.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 10-05-2018, 05:43 PM
Aviak

I have a 13 rogue and a 29 ench that would love this. Add Palladar and Vaelman to the list.
Closed Thread