Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Guys, you're beating an old horse.

Rogean reenabled cycling on blue and confirmed it will be disabled on green.

You all can resume your regular activities.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool, so I ask a simple question for clarification and get insulted in response. Seems logical. Guess I ran into one of the pricks on the server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the bummer that's 10x bigger than the loss of tab targeting: the server community seems to have devolved to the point where anyone transgressing the current herd mentality, is to be bullied into leaving.

It's literally the polar opposite of what community leaders like Kraddok, and indeed Rogean, have pointed out as the brightest and most joyful aspects of P1999.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is what it is.
The ones voicing alternative views are not the ones doing the beating here, fam.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Rogean reenabled cycling on blue and confirmed it will be disabled on green.

You all can resume your regular activities.
Agreed. Im sorry Treehorn but no amount of bizarre aggrandizement is going to change the above fact. Cycle targeting is easier to accomplish your goal in a high stress situation - having to use aim, and focus through the mouse or direction keys is more difficult. Parts of the brain shut down when hit with panic and over coming that is what separates the violin player from the pasta chef, not the other way around.
If you want to talk about disabled players being able to enjoy a game that is a separate discussion
Old 10-22-2019, 05:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the bummer that's 10x bigger than the loss of tab targeting: the server community seems to have devolved to the point where anyone transgressing the current herd mentality, is to be bullied into leaving.

It's literally the polar opposite of what community leaders like Kraddok, and indeed Rogean, have pointed out as the brightest and most joyful aspects of P1999.

The ones voicing alternative views are not the ones doing the beating here, fam.
How many times are you going to edit your comment? Yes I'm sorry I could not discern the brilliant points of your violin player pasta chef mouse clicking tab cycle analogy. It is surely a fault of my own. Everything you just said about it is exactly my point and no losing cycle targeting doesnt lower a ceiling of skill.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d_glasses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cycle targeting is easier to accomplish your goal in a high stress situation - having to use aim, and focus through the mouse or direction keys is more difficult. Parts of the brain shut down when hit with panic and over coming that is what separates the violin player from the pasta chef, not the other way around.
This might be true the first time it happens to someone. The next 123098214092834 times, not so much. Mouseclicking isn't finesse, it's endurance of the awkward. It's not Dark Souls, it's Silver Surfer. It's not difficulty, it's frustration. We clearly disagree on this point. That's fine. We don't have to agree on everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d_glasses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to talk about disabled players being able to enjoy a game that is a separate discussion
Just as regular traffic hours are the wrong time to have a discussion about whether black lives matter, or the work place is the wrong time to have a discussion about whether women should be paid fairly, or the aftermath of a school shooting is the wrong time to talk about gun rights.

Funny how when it comes to equality, it's always a separate discussion from the things that aren't equal.

Quote:
How many times are you going to edit your comment?
Do you see "edited" on the comment you replied to? No?

Quote:
Agreed. Im sorry Treehorn but no amount of bizarre aggrandizement is going to change the above fact.
I conceded the point as settled like 16 posts ago, mate. You're the one taking offense that anyone's questioned your privilege, continuing the argument further. No one is forcing you to make the final rebuttal.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:17 PM
Aviak

BTW you can still TAB target
Old 10-22-2019, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
BTW you can still TAB target
But you need to bind "target nearest NPC" to TAB (the default is f8 or something)
Old 10-22-2019, 05:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But you need to bind "target nearest NPC" to TAB (the default is f8 or something)
Yeah, this is what I did, and what my friend tried. It works reasonably well for 90% of gameplay situations.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
This might be true the first time it happens to someone. The next 123098214092834 times, not so much. Mouseclicking isn't finesse, it's endurance of the awkward. It's not Dark Souls, it's Silver Surfer. It's not difficulty, it's frustration. We clearly disagree on this point. That's fine. We don't have to agree on everything.

Just as regular traffic hours are the wrong time to have a discussion about whether black lives matter, or the work place is the wrong time to have a discussion about whether women should be paid fairly, or the aftermath of a school shooting is the wrong time to talk about gun rights.

Funny how when it comes to equality, it's always a separate discussion from the things that aren't equal.

Do you see "edited" on the comment you replied to? No?

I conceded the point as settled like 16 posts ago, mate. You're the one taking offense that anyone's questioned your privilege, continuing the argument further. No one is forcing you to make the final rebuttal.
I thought you'd like to know I understand what you're saying, you seem to be having trouble understanding me. It only took you four some odd comments to back handedly admit we agree and now you sit there accusing me of not wanting to talk about the way to help a disabled person enjoy the game. I said another discussion meaning lets not confuse a disagreement about the controls of a video game with the hope that a game can be enjoyed by the lesser privileged. We have disagreeing about what constitutes finesse in a game - not that there couldn't be an exception to some control for some person with a disability or did you miss my saying that? Its pretty low that you would throw some backwards ass shit at me like I don't care deeply about the Black Lives Matter Movement or Women's having to deal with constant sexual harassment because we disagree about controls in a video game.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
I thought you'd like to know I understand what you're saying, you seem to be having trouble understanding me. It only took you four some odd comments to back handedly admit we agree and now you sit there accusing me of not wanting to talk about the way to help a disabled person enjoy the game. I said another discussion meaning lets not confuse a disagreement about the controls of a video game with the hope that a game can be enjoyed by the lesser priveleged. We have disagreeing about what constitutes finesse in a game - not that there couldn't be an exception to some control for some person with a disability or did you miss my saying that?

Its pretty low that you would throw some backwards ass shit at me like I don't care deeply about the Black Lives Matter Movement or Women's having to deal with constant sexual harassment because we disagree about controls in a video game.
It didn't take me four comments, it took me one reply to you. Go back and read it. What do you interpret "It is what it is" to mean, other than a concession of agreeing to disagree?

You sure do read deeply into things, and add quite a lot that isn't there. Have you considered seeing a therapist? They can help a lot with this sort of anxiety.

I didn't say you didn't care about those things. Given your demonstrated ableism and blindness to privilege, if I had to make a wager, I wouldn't guess that social equity is a top priority for you. But I didn't even suggest that you don't care about those things; I highlighted the trend of privileged people commonly disqualifying the pursuit of equality by always calling it a "separate discussion".

You attacked the notion of having a conversation about the continued accessibility to a game for less abled players, and tried to disqualify the discussion as being irrelevant to the topic of it's unfairness. Those comments are there, and quoted.
Closed Thread