Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Each locket that dropped for divinity was reported via bug report/petition. To my knowledge none were asked to destroy them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
The same holds true for exploiting. If you have the slightest doubt that what you are doing may not be intended, please cease immediately and seek clarification from the server staff. Failure to do so and discovery of your actions will lead to disciplinary action.
If a GM is willing to tell us that they said it was ok to camp these while they dropped then I got nothing to say about it.

But if each Locket really was posted via petition/on the board and a GM each time said "Ok that seems fine keep farming them till we fix it" thats a little ridiculous

So from now on as long as I find a bug that lets me get a 100k item, I'm allowed to keep doing it over and over till it gets fixed as long as I report each time I do it?
Last edited by GuisedShaman; 03-04-2013 at 04:12 PM..
Old 03-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Kobold

Dunno, couldn't tell you I never farmed them I just know they were reported.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

This isn't really anything new. It happened with Gem Encrusted Rings as well. Obviously a lower priority item, which is why it took much longer to fix, but the situation is the same. Ultimately it's a minor error that lasted less than two weeks on a server that's been around for 4 years. It's created a weird bump in the market for now but it'll smooth over soon enough. Things like this never get removed, it's just not feasible once they're in circulation.

Not too worried about it. Worst case scenario, you've got what? 15 extra Lockets on the server? On the priority list of things that the GMs should worry about, that shouldn't be cracking the top 20. Much rather see these end-game raid mechanics fixed and FTE shouts implemented. And RMT dealt with. Etc, etc.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Aviak

Yes overall the lockets dropping are not a huge deal, if they get to keep them sure not a huge deal.

But this just sets a precedent to abuse bugs till they get fixed and don't have to worry about rules.

Would you care if someone found a bug that a merchant buys an item for 100X then what they were selling it for and they made millions of plat, but they posted in the bug forum and continued to do so just to be sure that maybe they won't take it away from them? Then they proceeded to flood the market with plat?
Now its too late cause it flooded the market already, can't get back the plat without screwing someone over.

Im just saying it's not a good policy to let things like this slide

I'm not asking them to do extra work and find the lockets and get them and all that jazz.
But this was obviously against the rules
Last edited by GuisedShaman; 03-04-2013 at 04:32 PM..
Old 03-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

I don't understand why the Divinity crew felt it necessary to deny that Lockets were in fact dropping. Every time I asked one of them about it, I always got some response along of the lines of, "Honestly I've never seen one drop dude, still think it's just a rumor." If you were indeed reporting it to the staff, then why feel a need to hide it?

It's perfectly within their right to not tell me anything, but like I also mentioned in the other thread, it was an interesting tact to take...

For what it was worth, I submitted my own in-game petition and forum petition on Friday 2/22. Eccezan's RnF thread about it wasn't started until six days later.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

Shrug, I think you're blowing this way out of proportion. This wasn't a mechanics bug where merchants were printing millions of plat. It was less than a 2-week reversion to pre-nerf loots on one mob, for a very rare drop. It'd be better if it never happened, of course, but it's not some kind of game breaking or market breaking error. It's a lot more similar to Gem Encrusted Rings re-dropping than any kind of duping error. Three weeks from now, any effects on the market will be long gone.

As it relates to punishment, I dunno. It would depend on things like petitions and interaction with GMs. I have no idea what, if anything, was petitioned or what kind of responses were given. IMO you're assuming this was done on the sly, when we don't know if that's actually the case. But if it wasn't petitioned, I'd agree that some kind of punishment would be deserved.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why the Divinity crew felt it necessary to deny that Lockets were in fact dropping. Every time I asked one of them about it, I always got some response along of the lines of, "Honestly I've never seen one drop dude, still think it's just a rumor." If you were indeed reporting it to the staff, then why feel a need to hide it?
Divinity didn't hide it, individuals hid it. In fact, officers highly recommended people leave that camp alone. Individuals locked that down against the wishes of officers. Its unfortunate but in the grand scheme of things I don't think it'll be game breaking personally. Yea these things shouldn't be allowed to slide in my opinion either. However, I am hoping that each of these petitions at least asked if it was allowed or not, because if they did ask it and got confirmation then I would say go for it otherwise who knows if those petitions even were answered. No one but GMs.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Aviak

Im not blowing it out of proportion, I know these Lockets aren't going to cause a huge fluctuation in the market and ruin everyone's day. I know they are rare so its not like 100's of them dropped. This situation isn't what I'm concerned about.

Im concerned that people were abusing a known bug. This isn't up to debate to say it was intended for these to drop. Divinity/whoever knew this wasn't supposed to drop, and they stayed there knowing that. This is a direct violation of the rule I posted.

I don't see how this isn't against the rules.

Yes this may be similar to the Gem Encrusted Rings, but as you said this wasn't a high priority item. But if Pre Nerf Fungi's were dropping again you know everyone would have their panties in a bunch.

Just because it didn't cause a huge problem in the market then it's apparently ok to do this? Any bug that doesn't cause a huge problem in the market is now ok to abuse for a little because it's not that big of a deal? Thats a pretty bad stance on cheating/exploiting
Last edited by GuisedShaman; 03-04-2013 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: was and wasn't is apprently hard to me to type right
Old 03-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

people aren't mad that they were dropping. they are just jealous of the people who got all the drops.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithel1988 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people aren't mad that they were dropping. they are just jealous of the people who got all the drops.
So jelly
So mad bro
Closed Thread