Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Merchants

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think Velious is still in beta.
Well, I meant technically, as in I'm viewing Blue server as an extended working Beta... it is not yet the classic museum piece it strives to be. I feel like Velious was added to the Beta.

I really don't know what defines a Beta, or if there are Beta 2.0 things or whatever.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsnick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your method is just the first page thing which the name suggests. It is vulnerable to a random person coming by and taking it all. If you want to find a certain thing that might be on the vendor and not buried within it's inventory, you need to buy it out.

Read the part of my post that tells of the way you can tell if a vendor has an item or not. That is the main diff and not how it works (as someone else has already pointed out)

Killing vendors ? And kill the supply? Harsh dude lol
Ah, ok I re-read your post. It's not that merchant-mining doesn't work here -- it does. It's that there is a missing mechanic where you could 'test' to see if the vendor had the item by clearing out one of his slots and before closing the shop window -- which would just put a new 30th item in his slot -- sell him one of the items you are looking for.

As for items being on the first page it as always worked for me here since most of the items I am after are items no one cares about ... since they are for newbie quests/factioning and unlike bone chips don't give great XP. The killing of the vendors is just so I can secure one of those items on page 1 so they can accumulate -- it works.

It would be nice to see the mechanic you mentioned implemented though.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Keep in mind you are vendor gardening with an unclassic 40 item purchase window, should be 30
Closed Thread