Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 03:57 PM
Kobold

Default Will Kunark ZEMs be updated?

Sorry if this has already been addressed. Would be nice to know if this was implemented already behind the scenes, on the horizon, etc etc. Kind of a bummer that Kunark outdoor ZEM's have not been overhauled. I really want to level there, but not if I'm getting twice the exp per kill in Upper Guk.

Again, apologies if this has been previously discussed. If so, please just provide me the link to the forum post. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry if this has already been addressed. Would be nice to know if this was implemented already behind the scenes, on the horizon, etc etc. Kind of a bummer that Kunark outdoor ZEM's have not been overhauled. I really want to level there, but not if I'm getting twice the exp per kill in Upper Guk.

Again, apologies if this has been previously discussed. If so, please just provide me the link to the forum post. Thanks.
*Nov 18th Patch*

Reduced XP in Upper Guk by 55%, this should incentivize leveling in more slow xp kunark zones.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Its sad that the solution was to nerf classic zones. Kunark on live was where everyone went. One because there just wasn't enough mobs in the few higher level dungeons in vanilla and two because it was newer and more exciting.

I always thought the EXP sucked but played there anyways because there was like 200 players each in LOIO , OT, FM so it was just what you did.

Anyways, good luck!
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

So I think it was great when I saw they raised the ZEM for some less popular classic zones, but then I saw they also took away ZEM bonuses from many popular zones. Which essentially is an XP nerf as neither change equaled the higher ZEMs of popular dungeons.

Not sure what approach if any is being taken on Kunark ZEMs. I will say I can never camp ogre or troll guards anymore probably because it's the only sane way for a casual to grind lol.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*Nov 18th Patch*

Reduced XP in Upper Guk by 55%, this should incentivize leveling in more slow xp kunark zones.
just dont mention kedge we dont want people knowing bout that ol' boy
Old 11-19-2020, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just dont mention kedge we dont want people knowing bout that ol' boy
I mean maybe now that Kunark is out it's loosened up but I couldn't claim any good camps prior was pretty fkin busy in there.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

The good old world camps are still taken basically 24/7. Kunark mobs are tough, they tend to have high HP and resists and half the mobs run at SoW speed, they don't drop fine steel in your 20s and 30s, and the Kunark zones are fucking awful for soloing because you can't see shit and they haven't invented flat ground so line of sight will fuck half your casts if you're kiting. Also Kunark has very few actual camps, it's mostly huge zones with wandering mobs, so it's inconvenient because you end up spending 25% of your time pulling. Old world is way better even if you ignore ZEMs, until you're far enough into the 50s that you need to go to higher level content. The mid-level dungeons are suicide as well, who the fuck wants to grind in Dalnir? Kunark content is actually pretty bad aside from DL and the upper dungeons.
Last edited by greatdane; 11-19-2020 at 06:21 PM..
Old 11-19-2020, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The good old world camps are still taken basically 24/7. Kunark mobs are tough, they tend to have high HP and resists and half the mobs run at SoW speed, they don't drop fine steel in your 20s and 30s, and the Kunark zones are fucking awful for soloing because you can't see shit and they haven't invented flat ground so line of sight will fuck half your casts if you're kiting. Also Kunark has very few actual camps, it's mostly huge zones with wandering mobs, so it's inconvenient because you end up spending 25% of your time pulling. Old world is way better even if you ignore ZEMs, until you're far enough into the 50s that you need to go to higher level content. The mid-level dungeons are suicide as well, who the fuck wants to grind in Dalnir? Kunark content is actually pretty bad aside from DL and the upper dungeons.
Yeah in hindsight most of my previous experience on Kunark launches involved me sitting in COM sick of the world lol.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:00 PM
Large Rat

Default Nerves classic zems?

hey, sorry I'm a newly returning player. Just hit level 10 and am trying to figure out my leveling plan. Did they really nerf classic zems like upper gun? I was trying to find the *nov 18th* patch notes mentioned above but they arent posted here?
Old 11-19-2020, 09:03 PM
Large Rat

Did they really just nerf classic zems? I can't find nov 18th patch notes
Closed Thread