Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 12:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That wouldn't work, and neither would MAC addresses. Proxies are easy to come by and not difficult to set up either. It's got to be tied to the account (and probably at the login server?) otherwise it wouldn't work.
You guys think too small. I would ban entire class C subnets. Proxies aren't going to last long. Router resets aren't going to help for long. Soon you'd have a nice swath of the internet banned and the vast majority of the asshats with it.
The guys running the server don't owe anyone so people can bitch and whine all they want. If some innocents fall by the wayside, so be it.
Last edited by bionicbadger; 04-14-2013 at 12:17 AM..
Old 04-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicbadger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys think too small. I would ban entire class C subnets. Proxies aren't going to last long. Router resets aren't going to help for long. Soon you'd have a nice swath of the internet banned and the vast majority of the asshats with it.
The guys running the server don't owe anyone so people can bitch and whine all they want. If some innocents fall by the wayside, so be it.
I'm sure you'd feel the exact same way if you were one of the innocents by the wayside.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There should be a custom zone similar to cshome called Hell that GMs can port banned accounts to and bind all the toons inside.

It's full of decaying skeletons who drop Fungis, Manastones, VP loot, etc...

But all porting spells and items are disabled, and there is no way out.

The cheaters just log in and look at each other, gathering up uber gear they can never put to any use.
hahahaha
Old 04-14-2013, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Remembers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Given the server's history of limpwristing it on known cheaters, exploiters, and the like...no bans were made. It's a bunch of suspensions that will mean absolutely nothing.

TMO caught exploiting Veeshan's Peak for the umpteenth time? A "warning" given via stickied post in general chat. Meaningless.

Holocaust and Nihilum known 100% to be exploiting raid mobs HARDCORE? Loot shuffling 6 months after the fact. Meaningless

350+ caught in antihack.dll? subtracted some levels. Big fucking whoop. Meaningless

TMO members caught on fraps exploiting exemptions to instapoof train people in VP and other locations? Warning via sticky post. lawl. Meaningless

Shall I continue with the history lesson?
Did I just read a fairly on point Harrison post, what realm did I wake up in? Hope the staff really starts permabanning cheaters though.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:58 AM
Banned

It's never going to happen.

I've campaigned solidly for 2 years to permaban cheaters. It's the primary reason why this server is so laughably illegitimate.

I just don't trust the staff to do their job anymore. It hasn't happened since Uthgaard, and apparently, a GM doing their job is bad 'round here.

We need more Amelinda types! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Public ban lists and permanent repercussions for blatant exploiting etc. or don't pretend to have a legitimate raid scene, period. It's bad enough with the VERY OBVIOUS account trading going on being allowed, many of which are of the "illegal" variety.

Buy account with platinum gained through exploiting, MQ-use, or SEQ use. Account gets banned 1 year after you bought it.

Buy another account with platinum gained through previously mentioned methods, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

I blame Nilbog least of all in this mess. He seems like he's just too busy doing actual work on the content of the server to bother with the slime this server is infested by. It's the other GMs not doing their job, and it's sad to see Nilbog's work get overshadowed by their ineptitude.(or in Amelinda's case, obvious corruption)
Old 04-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Remembers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We need more Amelinda types! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I just don't trust the staff to do their job anymore.
It's not a job. They are not staff. They are developers. It's a project.

And, you're a dick.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's never going to happen.

I've campaigned solidly for 2 years to permaban cheaters. It's the primary reason why this server is so laughably illegitimate.

I just don't trust the staff to do their job anymore. It hasn't happened since Uthgaard, and apparently, a GM doing their job is bad 'round here.

Public ban lists and permanent repercussions for blatant exploiting etc. or don't pretend to have a legitimate raid scene, period. It's bad enough with the VERY OBVIOUS account trading going on being allowed, many of which are of the "illegal" variety.

Buy account with platinum gained through exploiting, MQ-use, or SEQ use. Account gets banned 1 year after you bought it.

Buy another account with platinum gained through previously mentioned methods, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

I blame Nilbog least of all in this mess. He seems like he's just too busy doing actual work on the content of the server to bother with the slime this server is infested by. It's the other GMs not doing their job, and it's sad to see Nilbog's work get overshadowed by their ineptitude.(or in Amelinda's case, obvious corruption)
If you hate it here so much, why do you bother to play / post / troll these boards?

GTFO if you dont like it, and spare us all from your whining.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken has the Uthgaard seal of approval.
That is not an easy seal to get!
Old 04-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken has the Uthgaard seal of approval.

Haven't met the rest.
Uthtaard has the Getsome seal of approval.

Or should I call it the xzerion seal.
Closed Thread