Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-17-2023, 05:55 PM
Large Rat

Exclamation Game crash on server selection

hi. i've recently reinstalled the game on a new machine after years of not playing. am able to start thru the "Launch Titanium.bat" and get to the server selection, but upon choosing blue server, the game crashes to desktop with a black screen and this error:[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game from a custom directory to x86 program files, uninstalling and reinstalling my visual c++ redistributables, and dgvoodoo2 all produce this result.

launching the game (either with or without dgvoodoo2) as administrator with compatibility modes, i can again get to the server browser but upon choosing it seemingly starts to run and then returns me to the main menu. when i log back in, i receive this error at the server browser screen.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i've also seen someone else mentioning that maybe it's the eqclient.ini file resolution settings, but my current eqclient file has absolutely no resolution parameters whatsoever. can post it if it would help, but wasn't sure it actually would.

any kind of insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-23-2023, 06:01 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I have been having the same issues for the past week. I can occasionally get in to the character screen but maybe 5% of the attempts. I have tried everything i can find in the forums.. not sure whats going on.
Old 05-23-2023, 06:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Any updates? same issue..
Old 05-24-2023, 04:05 PM
Large Bat

You running a newer AMD CPU? P99 won't let you log in if your base clockspeed is over 4.2Ghz for some reason. Only seems to affect AMD processors. I had to set my 7900X's base clock to 42 to be able to play, but it's causing other issues for me in Windows.
Old 05-27-2023, 05:26 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headcase_Fargone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You running a newer AMD CPU? P99 won't let you log in if your base clockspeed is over 4.2Ghz for some reason. Only seems to affect AMD processors. I had to set my 7900X's base clock to 42 to be able to play, but it's causing other issues for me in Windows.
yes, i'm running an AMD Ryzen 5 7600X so what yr saying makes sense then. I've been trying other things to no avail, so I guess i'll try something along these lines.