Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 01-29-2023, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I don't think I have ever seen a Cliff Golem hit for over 200 either.

EDIT: Watching through my Cliff Golem video, I haven't seen a number higher than 172.

Yeah it's 172, not 176. Like I said, been awhile. Damage interval is I think 7, next hit down should be 165, then 158, and so on.
Last edited by Danth; 01-29-2023 at 12:54 PM..
Old 01-29-2023, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's 8 because that is the difference between Ogre Regen and Troll Regen (12-4). You don't count the full 12 because Ogres regenerate too.

The math agrees with me[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The regen is too slow to save you mid fight, and the total HP saved isn't enough to increase my kills per hour. What else do you think Regeneration is doing? If you are camping Cliff Golems, for example, you will be at 100% HP and Mana as both a Troll and an Ogre by the time the respawn timer hits. There is no difference between a 3 minute recovery time and a 3 minute 30 second recovery time when it takes 6 minutes to respawn. You will get the exact same number of kills per hour as an Ogre or a Troll.
I think you underestimate the concept of an APM bucket. Every human has one. There’s only so many actions we can take before we start getting lazy. If a troll/iksar shaman decides they want to sit and not canni the regen advantage goes up to 11. That is no joke. And depending on situation that could be perfectly acceptable. I’ve worn a fungi on so many chars that getting an extra chloro buff of 10hp/tick is a night and day difference. I don’t even notice when fungi is on but I notice when I have chloro. In a game of inches, which is what this is, having to cast less torpor’s per hour(and subsequently having to cast more canni to offset that) should not be taken lightly.

I would agree that FSI is the best trait for a soloing torpor shaman. But to have a constant 8-11 extra hp/tick at level 60 is still a big deal.

At the end of the day it’s ~chloroplast/clicky snare(even if shitty it’s enough to make up inches) vs a ~33% chance to not get stunned. This is precisely why nobody will ever agree on the best shaman race.
Old 01-29-2023, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you underestimate the concept of an APM bucket. Every human has one. There’s only so many actions we can take before we start getting lazy. If a troll/iksar shaman decides they want to sit and not canni the regen advantage goes up to 11. That is no joke. And depending on situation that could be perfectly acceptable. I’ve worn a fungi on so many chars that getting an extra chloro buff of 10hp/tick is a night and day difference. I don’t even notice when fungi is on but I notice when I have chloro. In a game of inches, which is what this is, having to cast less torpor’s per hour(and subsequently having to cast more canni to offset that) should not be taken lightly.

I would agree that FSI is the best trait for a soloing torpor shaman. But to have a constant 8-11 extra hp/tick at level 60 is still a big deal.

At the end of the day it’s ~chloroplast/clicky snare(even if shitty it’s enough to make up inches) vs a ~33% chance to not get stunned. This is precisely why nobody will ever agree on the best shaman race.
I 100% agree if you want a specific racial because you want to play a specific way, that is fine. There is nothing wrong with a Torpor Shaman being lazy and AFK recovering.

All I am trying to say is min/max doesn't take individual things like APM into account. Min/max is objective, and assumes you are playing optimally. This means you are always canni/torporing when not at full HP/MP. If you can't do that due to disabilities, or are lazy, that doesn't change the objective facts. It simply changes which racial is better for your specific case.

I prefer people have the objective facts. Then they can use those facts to make the best decision for them personally. It's better than everybody bringing 100s of slightly different subjective opinions, because you can never get to the truth that way. This is a video game, built on math and rules. There is an objectively best way to play, and people should know what it is. Then they can choose whether or not they want to play that way.
Old 01-29-2023, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can see regen working in real time.
FSI would need extensive parsing and record keeping. You would likely need a 60 warrior slamming off CD (not timing to spells) and two 60 shams with similar gear but Ogre and Other.

The issue with FSI is why would anyone take the time with math and record keeping when you can just posture on the forums claiming it’s noticeably better? That’s far easier than doing math or killing a bunch of things and putting yourself on this list:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Solo_Ar...e_Hall_of_Fame
Old 01-29-2023, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can see regen working in real time.
FSI would need extensive parsing and record keeping. You would likely need a 60 warrior slamming off CD (not timing to spells) and two 60 shams with similar gear but Ogre and Other.

The issue with FSI is why would anyone take the time with math and record keeping when you can just posture on the forums claiming it’s noticeably better? That’s far easier than doing math or killing a bunch of things and putting yourself on this list:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Solo_Ar...e_Hall_of_Fame
You can see FSI working in real time too. I never get stunned on my Ogre from bashes. You can watch my videos, I never get stunned.

Regeneration is very easy to math out how useful it is (or isn't).
Old 01-29-2023, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Yea I’ve never noticed a single bash interrupt (certainly never died from one). I don’t record video and watch my performance back though.
Old 01-29-2023, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I’ve never noticed a single bash interrupt (certainly never died from one). I don’t record video and watch my performance back though.
Yeah it can be tough to notice. I play both Ogre and non-Ogre characters, so I do notice the difference. The chances are basically zero that during the multiple hours of recorded video I have on my channel, I wouldn't get a single bash that had the stun proc.
Old 01-30-2023, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

iksar bis b/c robe sorry no jbb hope this helped
Old 01-30-2023, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I 100% agree if you want a specific racial because you want to play a specific way, that is fine. There is nothing wrong with a Torpor Shaman being lazy and AFK recovering.

All I am trying to say is min/max doesn't take individual things like APM into account. Min/max is objective, and assumes you are playing optimally. This means you are always canni/torporing when not at full HP/MP. If you can't do that due to disabilities, or are lazy, that doesn't change the objective facts. It simply changes which racial is better for your specific case.

I prefer people have the objective facts. Then they can use those facts to make the best decision for them personally. It's better than everybody bringing 100s of slightly different subjective opinions, because you can never get to the truth that way. This is a video game, built on math and rules. There is an objectively best way to play, and people should know what it is. Then they can choose whether or not they want to play that way.
Unfortunately there’s no data to say that FSI will save you over the 80-160 extra regen hp in a 1-2 minute long pre slow situation. Especially given the fact that the best solo artist shaman was a barbarian. This is why people tend to favor regen over FSi. It’s something hard and measurable. We know it will give you more hp. We don’t know if FSI will ever actually do anything. And I don’t think there’s a documented case of it ever saving someone’s life. If it’s not saving someone’s life, it’s more of an annoyance if anything.
Old 01-30-2023, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
iksar bis b/c robe sorry no jbb hope this helped
I concur. Best fashion regen and best resists/size. Jbb is a fun toy but unnecessary.