Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 10-27-2022, 12:32 AM
Sarnak

Default Druid solo EXP spots

Hey, I'm looking for suggestions for good places to charm kill on my druid. I was getting good experience in EK up until level 23, then I read that killing mammoths in Everfrost was a good spot but it doesn't seem to be, most of the mammoths are green to me and there are all kinds of annoying green adds running around as well.
Old 10-27-2022, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Check out https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide.

If you put in "Druid" and "Level 23" you'll get ... the various animals in East Karana, crocodiles in the Oasis, a frogolok for a quest in Misty Thicket, gargoyles in Ocean of Tears, and finally elephants in South Karana. The froglok has a very detailed entry, and the gargoyles even have their own separate guide entry.

All of those, except the froglok and the gargoyles, are charmable animals (and the froglok/gargoyles can be killed by a Druid without charming).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Hop around the Karanas. Plenty of animals.

At 28 you can head to Cazic Thule's alligator pit (best ZEM).

https://wiki.project1999.com/Cazic_Thule_Alligator_Pit

Also a little later on you can use animals in Overthere to kill sarnak berzerkers and get yourself factioned up for a free OT hammer. Not super important for a druid but if you plan on ever getting it, may as well make XP and save yourself the 2k+ plat.
Last edited by Toxigen; 10-27-2022 at 08:36 AM..
Old 10-27-2022, 08:37 AM
Sarnak

Thanks, I'm definitely going to check out CT. I think OT will good be a good spot as well to get some buffs and hammer will be nice so I can bind somewhere else.
Last edited by spoil; 10-27-2022 at 08:40 AM..
Old 10-27-2022, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
According to the wiki the mammoth spawns in Everfrost have been changed/nerfed since the original guide entry. I'm mainly interested in charm killing (enchanter main) and it looks like there are currently no good spots for my level-range that I'm aware of. I guess I'll have to be less anti-social and group up for a while.
Not true at all.

As lora and I said...karanas are prob where its at for you right now.
Old 10-27-2022, 09:03 AM
Orc

You need to use track to find the blue mammoths in Everfrost. I did that for a lot of levels. It's decent money (10pp per tusk) and there's a merchant right there where you're fighting. Moved from there to CT. Never figured out the pit, so I waited until I was high enough to do the alley and it was really good xp. And I kept looting shovels/brooms and selling them in EC for 100p each.

Went from there to Iceclad. There are dire wolfs you can charm there. Not good money, but I thought the xp was decent.
Old 10-27-2022, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hop around the Karanas. Plenty of animals.

At 28 you can head to Cazic Thule's alligator pit (best ZEM).

https://wiki.project1999.com/Cazic_Thule_Alligator_Pit
Did this on my magician but wished I'd done so on druid too, alley is good @ 32 like the wiki suggests

Once the alley slows down around 36-37 you can easily switch to charming Bloodmaw in GD, level 20 warrior mob with 50k hp. The mob itself doesn't do any damage but tossing a good DS on it will slowly eat away the hp of the other kodiaks bashing on it. Can use lowest or 2nd lowest level charm too so mana is not an issue.
Old 10-27-2022, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once the alley slows down around 36-37 you can easily switch to charming Bloodmaw in GD, level 20 warrior mob with 50k hp. The mob itself doesn't do any damage but tossing a good DS on it will slowly eat away the hp of the other kodiaks bashing on it. Can use lowest or 2nd lowest level charm too so mana is not an issue.
holy shit lol i never thought about that....didnt know those were considered animals

although after CT he may wanna go to Overthere - lots of animals, can do the braids quest, etc
Old 10-27-2022, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
holy shit lol i never thought about that....didnt know those were considered animals

although after CT he may wanna go to Overthere - lots of animals, can do the braids quest, etc
Personally, I found the animals in Overthere to be extremely resistant to charming. There's a wide range of levels/places to hunt in that zone though, so I may have just tried the wrong part of the zone or something ... YMMV.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-27-2022, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I found the animals in Overthere to be extremely resistant to charming. There's a wide range of levels/places to hunt in that zone though, so I may have just tried the wrong part of the zone or something ... YMMV.
Did you try it at level 38 after CT gators?