Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 03-25-2023, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly, just remove coin loot. There is no risk to "losing" any material possessions.

May bring a new influx of players
Old 03-25-2023, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfaceoff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
merge red and blue and call it purple
then delete green
then remake blue for the greens
then make red 2.0 with character deletion upon first death
then make a hot pocket
Sounds like alot of work for some ungrateful, small majority of the playerbase. I would say keep red as it is and let the rest of you find somewhere else to go.
Old 03-26-2023, 09:34 PM
Fire Giant

No
Old 03-27-2023, 08:26 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since the server is so close to fully dead, can we consider what state we want to leave it in?

My suggestion is that it might be worthwhile to make the terminal ruleset here something classic. That is to say, item loot enabled rallos zek rule set.

I know it isn’t going to make much difference now and the chance of any resurgence of players is almost zero, but this ruleset has proven to be bad for pvp at all non 60 levels and for that reason is never going to be a good ruleset.

If it was item loot enabled, maybe the twink guys will log on and see if their enemy twinks are around in their favorite PK zones.

People aren’t don’t log so, it can’t hurt much.

The current raiders are going to be in 99.9 percent no drop velious gear so they aren’t losing anything.

Please?
I don't agree with loot drops because new players can and will be targeted by players with 10 years experience on the server and I really really don't think it would help the economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Merge into blue and delete red forever. Pras and amen.
Disagree, if anything give players on blue and green an option to migrate over to red. It would be more interesting to see a influx of high level geared players
Old 03-27-2023, 09:15 AM
Aviak

I would also like them to re-release some legacy items on red in an attempt to invigorate the player base to play on red. Mana stone would be a really fun and nostalgic item I would like to enjoy someday, and green was so busy and because everyone knew the timeline it was abused the most.

I would like it if there was a legacy item server of some sort or maybe custom content would sound fun. Maybe like Berserkers and Beast lords in level 60 cap velious.
Old 03-27-2023, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartcron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't agree with loot drops because new players can and will be targeted by players with 10 years experience on the server and I really really don't think it would help the economy.

Disagree, if anything give players on blue and green an option to migrate over to red. It would be more interesting to see a influx of high level geared players
New players don’t have anything to lose to PKs. This argument doesn’t hold up. The benefits to item loot vastly outweigh the drawbacks.

I know that some people are going to be extra afraid of losing their cloth gauntlets but the kind of action that can occur in low level pvp with loot enabled is worth the trouble.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like alot of work for some ungrateful, small majority of the playerbase. I would say keep red as it is and let the rest of you find somewhere else to go.
we get it, Cast/Heavens_Myst was a nutjob that nobody liked that bugged rogean and P99 forums like literally 11 years ago

shut the f*ck up about it already jesus christ, it wasnt "all of red" that were "psychopath ingrates" it was one f*cking guy that was banned before kunark was even launched

cast wasnt even 1/1000th of what grocer was yet no one begs for blue to be punished for that dude's harassment campaign
Last edited by Tormmac; 03-27-2023 at 11:14 AM..
Old 03-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormmac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we get it, Cast/Heavens_Myst was a nutjob that nobody liked that bugged rogean and P99 forums like literally 11 years ago

shut the f*ck up about it already jesus christ, it wasnt "all of red" that were "psychopath ingrates" it was one f*cking guy that was banned before kunark was even launched

cast wasnt even 1/1000th of what grocer was yet no one begs for blue to be punished for that dude's harassment campaign
gg did nothing wrong
Old 03-27-2023, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormmac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

no way to be sure, but i feel there's a good chance that cast gave himself meth-induced psychosis trying to be the first level 50 on the new server. sad to imagine him in a dirty apartment sitting at his desk with his meth pipe running his bard in circles, and not eating or sleeping, and running his bard in circles, and dying to lovely, and running his bard in circles...

i hate that his behavior left a lasting impression on the community. he really soured a lot of bluebies on red players, and it's disgusting that we would ever be compared to him.
Old 03-27-2023, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Hehe getting killed by Lovely.
Lost but not forgotten.