Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 09:38 AM
Banned

Computers did not die.

(languish for over a decade)
Last edited by Mblake81; 12-07-2020 at 09:51 AM..
Old 12-07-2020, 10:09 AM
Kobold

Pantheon 2023
Old 12-07-2020, 11:31 AM
Banned

housing was a bad idea in every single game that ever had it
Old 12-07-2020, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

EQ3 I would spin in the direction of something closer to what fits EQ 1 on steroids. Use the original world on the newest unreal engine, crank city and land size up by 2x at least but maintain the formula of using static/roaming mobs with set loot tables. Add some additional factions that are at war with eachother, make the merchant path a viable one for players to choose, and perhaps some set limited territories for player contesting of certain loots and dungeons ala DAOC. Keep it as much of a non instanced game as possibe.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Computers did not die.

(languish for over a decade)
40b is a nice fat number, but god those mobile figures are DISGUSTING. I hate mobile games, I used to work a job where mobile was fun time to time, but the overall experience is shit and even ports to mobile of console classics are garbage compared to the original. We are being force fed low quality cash mill products and there is a generation of kids that this is their idea of 'gaming'. Not all, but some, and that by itself is a shame, because at least as a genesis/snes kid growing up, the goal was to make such a GREAT game that you sell a shit ton of copies of it to get it to every kid in every home. The games tried to have amazing music/story/gameplay to keep you hooked.

To think that almost no games are not tainted in some way shape or form by "DLC" or "Seasons" and that immersion is secondary to micro transactions and paywalls is complete shit.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
housing was a bad idea in every single game that ever had it
I think Runescape implemented it pretty well, at least at first (the disclaimer because I haven't touched that game in ~10 years). Housing wasn't simply a "Barbie decorate house" in that game; rather it was a designed currency sink as well as used for leveling some of that game's other skills and also used for travel purpose. Houses were a nice addition there. Notably they were also kept in their own instance outside the normal game world. This is definitely the exception though. Most games seem to be less thoughtful and simply do the "Barbie decorate" implementation which is uniformly pointless and a waste of development manhours.

Danth
Old 01-04-2021, 10:44 PM
Banned

I thought this trailer was made for Super Everquest. In the battle of Erudin. Sorry to ruin the game for you. But you are not real, and figments of my imagination so its not ruining anything.

Dunkirk - Trailer 1

Edit: It was not on purpose to pick Erudin
Last edited by Ret.SaxonAlex; 01-04-2021 at 10:52 PM..
Old 01-04-2021, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

An install size under 1gb.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:07 PM
VIP / Contributor

Full VR MMO

I want my Iksar Lapdance
Old 01-04-2021, 11:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An install size under 1gb.
I hope I can make it one day. First I have to make some money. There are hopefully two ways I can do that. But first I have to defeat Antifa stomping on my ceiling. Even then mentally I would have to try enjoy living in a fake world before I would have the will power. Then hopefully I can buy the rights to EQ and make it and become a billionaire.

Then buy some land. Make an alternative to Alcoholics Anonymous. Find some easy work such as harvest their own crops. Just so the Antifa psycho (How much are you working?) police go away, for the people there.

Pick up some homeless guys. Let them sign a contract that says, "I was probably just going to die on the streets", so maybe AA will leave us alone and not be any lawsuits. Give them some cheap but good games like EQ, and reward them with alcohol when they haven't drank for long periods of time.

I want to do it, so maybe in another world I wouldn't be afraid of people taking my booze, for believing I was being tortured by a secret society. And because its right of course. shouldn't have to say that.
Last edited by Ret.SaxonAlex; 01-04-2021 at 11:18 PM..
Closed Thread