Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Fire Giant

Here are some more recipe's ive written up...

Stuffed Pork Chops(Bone-In) or Stuffed Beef Roast (round bottom, round top, etc.). At our grocery store here I regularly find these in the "extra discount" section when they are due to expire.

The Stuffing:
Maple Link Breakfast Sausage (Or Italian.. but I realllllly like the maple).
Green Onions
Onions (Red or White or both doesn't matter)
Dried Fruit (cherries or whatever else sounds good)
Garlic (Chopped up cloves)
Peppers (anything from Serrano's if you want spicy, to yellow/green bell peppers)
Nuts (Sliced Almonds works great)
Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Salt, Garlic Powder, Pepper.

The maple sausage we get comes in links, so you will need to either cut long way down the side with a knife and peel off the skin, or just squeeze and push it out the ends. Put it in a bowl and kinda mash it together so its more mushy instead of in link-form (or else it stays in really big chunks when u cook it.) Start out with getting some olive oil hot and toss in the sausage. Once the sausage is mostly cooked you can start tossing in everything else. Start with the onions, garlic, and peppers until the onions start to become see through. Add in the Nuts and Dried Fruit last just for a few minutes on lower heat, add in a couple pinches of nutmeg, a couple pinches of cinnamon, and enough salt/pepper/garlic powder for regular seasoning for however much stuffing you added. Pull it off the heat and let it cool down.

For the Pork Chops, take a knife and look at the outside fatty part(on the side of the chop opposite from bone). Try to cut into the Pork chop where the fat is the thickest so it will stay together easier. You want to cut a small hole, probably only as big as the knife. (just enough so your finger can fit in and stuffing can fit in). Then push your finger into the hole and move it around to separate the meat inside and create a pocket for the stuffing. Once the stuffing has cooled - stuff the pork chops!!

After this we are going to sear each side of the pork chop to give the outside a little crust. You will want to get out some flour and any spices you want to mix in. The spices you add the flower don't seem to add much flavor, but adding a little bit can help(red pepper, cumin, italian seasoning, whatever sounds good).

Mix the flour and spices on a plate and slap both sides of the pork chops well into the flour and put them back on a separate plate. Start another clean pan with olive oil and let the oil get pretty hot before putting the chops on. You only want sear them in the olive oil for long enough to get a brownish crust on the outside (if its hot enough.. 3-5 minutes each side, maybe less).

Take the chops off, throw them in a pan, and into the oven @ 350. I don't remember the exact pork temperature, but you will want to "overcook" just a little bit. Chris said with stuffing in it, and since you have separated the meat, it is already going to help the tenderness, and the temperature you measure may be a bit off due to the stuffing. I think it might be 170 degrees, so say when you measure 175, its ready to pull out and let rest (5+ minutes).

For the Beef Roast. (before you start, put 4+ wooden toothpics in water to start soaking). Chris called how you need to cut the roast a butterfly cut. here is a video that I could find, but for the roast you will do it a LITTLE different. http://www.expertvillage.com/video/2...-butterfly.htm Make sure the fatty side if on top. When you do it to the roast, start lower on it (the roast will be 4-5" tall compared to the video where its only 1-2" tall) So say 1" up from the bottom of the roast, cut into the roast until you can fold the larger part over. Then you will do the same thing again to the larger part, from the same direction you folded it over. Just make sure not to cut it too thin, you want to keep it all around the same thickness for cooking if you can. Once you have done this, throw all the stuffing in the middle, then fold over the roast and make a crease(fatty side on top), putting the soaked toothpics in to hold it. After this, you will want to put some kind of rub on the outside. The stuffing is going to add most of the flavor to the meat, but a rub is always good. Even if its just some salt/pepper, that will be enough (but add in some cumin/red pepper/italian seasoning/garlic powder if you can, and some brown sugar on top). Chris told me to sear the crease in a pan before putting it in, but this was kinda difficult for me to it trying to fall apart.. and I don't think really necessary. So toss that roast into the oven with the fatty side on top. Cook at 350 until it reaches a temperature of about 135 degrees. (You can check online the right temp for beef, just do the same as with the chops and don't risk undercooking it!) Pull out, let rest for 5+ minutes. I cut this into strips close to an inch thick, so the stuffing would somewhat stay inside when served. THIS CAME OUT REALLLLLY well when I did it.

Stuffed Bell Peppers:

This is really easy and you can stuff practically anything in it. For stuffed bell peppers I have done two kinds of stuffing so far.

#1 Stuffing) Take burger meat beef, chopped peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms/whatever other veggies you want(also mix in some chedder cheese once u pull it off the heat).. Cook it all in a pan.. let cool.. then stuff the peppers(you want to drain most of the grease/fat that the burger meat creates, but some juice in the pepper is helpful) . I just cut around the top stem, pull it off, then use a spoon to scrape out all the white stuff on the sides.

#2 Stuffing) This stuffing is harder to get because I used leftover whole chickens... So ill tell you how to cook the whole chickens first!!!

Go get some whole young chickens from the store and if you have an organic fresh herbs section, find the little container that says its a Poultry mix. Put the chickens on a pan and with your hand, slide under the skin on the breasts. You will need to do this carefully and if you tear the skin a little, use some wet toothpics to hold it back together. You should be able to slide your hand under the skin and use your fingers to separate it from the meat. Also you will need to pull out all the insides, make sure you clean it out in there well - once you pull all that out fill it with cheap carrots/celery). Once you have done this... Grab some butter (not really sure how much but you can't really go overboard, you will probably use half a stick or more per chicken) put the butter in a bowl, and put in the microwave for 15 seconds, or just enough to take off the fridge cold. You will then chop up some of each of the herbs you got in your Poultry blend pack(chop up fine), and put this with the butter. Using your hands mix the herb blend in with the butter, then spread the mix under the chickens skin onto the breasts. Try to eaven it out under all the skin.. Then put a rub on the outside (salt, pepper, cumin, red pepper, italian seasoning, brown sugar). Roast in the over @ 350 until the temperature has been reached... check online for correct temp... If you have a lot of hungry people it can be fun to use a serrated knife and cut straight down the middle then give each person half a young chicken (so each person gets a breast/leg/wing).

This ALWAYS leaves us with leftovers because no one can finish an entire half of a chicken.. but it works out well because the buttery delicious meat stays great in the fridge and works well getting mixed in with other stuff...

SOOO.. Onto the stuffing...

Cook a bunch of rice, chop some peppers(mushrooms etc. whatever u want), and pull apart the chicken into smaller pieces. Once the rice is cooked, mix in the chopped peppers, chicken, and whatever else you had. If you add in mushrooms, i would suggest cooking them and the peppers in some garlic butter so they get a little more tender and tasty.

Stuff the mix into the peppers!!

Throw the peppers into the oven @ 350.. Let them cook for about 10 minutes, then slide them out and add cheese on top and put back in. Let the cheese cook as long as you want (i preffer to wait till it gets a little crusty) and pull out.... You can't really overcook these. These alone have been enough to fill even the hungriest people at our house up as long as you use a big pepper.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Candy Carrots.

Slice up candy carrots into thin slices or use baby carrots. Put a stick or two of butter into a pot/high walled pan and melt. Put in carrots and saute on low for 20-30 minutes or so. Then add sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon until the taste is good.
This nidz RUM!!!
haha sounds hella good!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Fire Giant

Cowboy Burgers - Great for a party:

Another Recipe great for a bunch of people *Cowboy Burgers*

What you need:
Burger Beef (2 lbs will feed 4-8 people depending on whose eating)
Cilantro
Jalapeno's or Serrano's
Chedder Cheese
Yellow Onion
Garlic
Bacon
A couple packages of Hawaiin Rolls (they are small butter rolls, come in an orange package probably near the bakery)
Mushrooms

Slice up the bacon into little pieces and start cooking it. You are just precooking this, so do not cook fully to a crisp. Cook it until the little chunks start to curl around on the edges and shrink a bit, then pull off the heat.

Chop up some Cilantro, you wont need the whole bushel, maybe 1/4th of the bushel if you are using 2lbs of meat.

Chop up a few serrano's or jalapeno's.

Chop up half or so yellow onion if using 2lbs of meat.

Chop up some garlic.

Mix the 2 lbs burger meat, onions, cilanto, serranos, garlic, cheese, and bacon up. Add in some worchershire sauce if you have any, also add salt and pepper.

Make the patties into small "slider" style burgers. You will want to make them about the same size as the Hawaiin Rolls.

These cooked in the oven come out just as well as on the grill, so a grill isnt necessary. Either put all the patties on a plate and grill them, or put them on a pan and toss them in the oven at 350.

While the patties are cooking in the oven, chop up the mushrooms and toss them in a pan with some butter and garlic powder. Simmer them on low until they are tasty then just keep them warm until the burgers are ready.

Pull out burgers, toss patties into hawiian rolls, add some mushrooms on top, SCARF!

You can easily make fries or whatever else too as a side.

Reply to all
Old 04-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Wow Pres, we need to have a fucking cookoff lol. Never would have pinned you as a culinary amateur. Awesome.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow Pres, we need to have a fucking cookoff lol. Never would have pinned you as a culinary amateur. Awesome.
Pretty much learning by the day. I've always liked cooking basic stuff but I moved in with a Sous Chef who was pretty talented. Learned a lot from him in the 3 months he was a living person before getting sucked into WoW every second of his life.

I cook a lot more complicated things than the recipes I posted, those are just stuff I shipped off to my bro in college.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I cook a lot more complicated things than the recipes I posted, those are just stuff I shipped off to my bro in college.
I'm in college ship me gooood foooood.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in college ship me gooood foooood.
I shipped him recipe's, not food.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Fire Giant

I reached for a Roma tonight... pepperoni.. 16 minutes on the Pizzazz.. no big deal. Last night I had spaghetti AND some frozen mixed veggies. I could probably send you guys some recipes if you want.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Taslion

I'm pretty good at knowing what works with what, at least moreso than most of my friends.

One time I looked in the fridge and saw we had shredded Italian cheese, chicken breast, bacon, and fettuccine sauce... So I proceeded to cook the bacon till it was extremely crispy, set it out on another plate, then I threw the chicken in the grease and began frying it. I heated up the fettuccine sauce in a pot and then crumbled the bacon into bits and mixed that together. Melted Italian cheeses on the chicken, moved the chicken to a plate, and then poured the bacon and sauce mixture on top. Absolutely rich and horrible for you, and really not that difficult a recipe, but not a bad thing to come up with on the spot.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taslion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty good at knowing what works with what, at least moreso than most of my friends.

One time I looked in the fridge and saw we had shredded Italian cheese, chicken breast, bacon, and fettuccine sauce... So I proceeded to cook the bacon till it was extremely crispy, set it out on another plate, then I threw the chicken in the grease and began frying it. I heated up the fettuccine sauce in a pot and then crumbled the bacon into bits and mixed that together. Melted Italian cheeses on the chicken, moved the chicken to a plate, and then poured the bacon and sauce mixture on top. Absolutely rich and horrible for you, and really not that difficult a recipe, but not a bad thing to come up with on the spot.
KFC beat you to it.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]