Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to kingsBlend
Question MMA Fans?

Anyone other EQ nerds also a MMA nerd? Who is your favorite fighter(s) and why?

I'll start. My favorite fighters in no particular order are:

Anderson Silva - How could you be a fan and not like this badass? I hope this time he knocks Chael out cold. First fight I ever watched live was when he destroyed Forest. I was hooked to the sport instantly.
Nick and Nate Diaz - The baddest brothers to ever hit the octagon. Even though Nick got screwed out of his last fight, still a badass.
Jon Jones - Been following this guy since his debut fight. This guy was champ from day one, who the fucks going to beat him?
Old 03-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

Here is a video to start off the mood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZG0sNDa2JQ
Old 03-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

"Nick and Nate Diaz - The baddest brothers to ever hit the octagon. Even though Nick got screwed out of his last fight, still a badass."

These guys are clearly huge assholes. You have bad taste. Not sure how he got screwed out of his last fight? But he certainly took the loss like a bitch.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

They are assholes but that's not why I like them, VERY talented fighters, the both of them. Maybe you need to go watch that fight again carefully because he took the fight, Dana says it was to close to call, Rogan gave the fight to Diaz, I gave the fight to Diaz and I am usually never wrong when it comes to a decision. 80% of the people I have talked to gave the fight to Diaz, most internet blogs give the fight to Diaz. It's not about agreeing with the masses its about fact. Most of the people who gave the fight to Condit are GSP fans who are awed with relief that Diaz will not be fighting him. Let me guess, GSP your favorite fighter? I will give it to you that he did react like a bitch but how could you not? I guess what it takes to win a belt in the UFC is a Mayweather style of running away the whole fight. 
Old 03-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Violence is bad yo.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsBlend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gave the fight to Diaz and I am usually never wrong when it comes to a decision.
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsBlend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are assholes but that's not why I like them, VERY talented fighters, the both of them. 
They're talented fighters sure, but their lack of credibility as decent human beings makes them pretty unlikable, in my opinion. Maybe that's the vagina part of me talking.

Quote:
Let me guess, GSP your favorite fighter?
I don't play close enough attention to have a 'favorite fighter'. I've recently started watching UFC with my boyfriend over the past six months and have familiarized myself with the sport more than the people. Because of that, I guess I am probably going to have a bias towards anyone fighting out of my city (Albuquerque, NM).

Quote:
I will give it to you that he did react like a bitch but how could you not?
It was just hilarious how much shit he was talking in the ring and then got so butthurt when he lost, to the point of claiming he's going to ragequit UFC. Another reason to side with the fact that the Diaz brothers are bitches.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Anderson and the diaz brothers fan? Good lord you have horrible taste in fighters. Shanna said everything that needed to be said about the diaz brothers, and as for Anderson...Talented yes, awful person, also yes. You can manage to be a good fighter while still having class.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Most of the people who gave the fight to Condit are GSP fans who are awed with relief that Diaz will not be fighting him. 
Also..no.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

I use to love it back in the day.
Been too poor to watch any paperview for the past couple years. I use to watch UFC, WEC, and some Strikeforce.

I guess the newest fighter that I like watching is Jones, but ehhh.