Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 10:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kinda annoyed when people like this tofat guy make a char in 2015, level up then get auto-accepted into the biggest zerg on server and develop a superiority complex the minute they get tagged and start talking down to everybody else well after all the content on the server had already been beaten by better guilds with far fewer numbers

seems to be a trend
Superiority complex came after 100hours on coth mages.

Imagine posting on forums for a game you quit playing. Got to be on a list of most pathetic things.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Superiority complex came after 100hours on coth mages.

Imagine posting on forums for a game you quit playing. Got to be on a list of most pathetic things.
I quit playing? tell me more
I already already listed the most pathetic thing, however. Imagine caring so much about being "the best" on a deadend server thats already been beaten by better players than yourself.
I been on this server 6 years longer than you have and still been banned less times than you. Aeezil was right

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound just like folks from aftermath.

Good fit i’d say
Old 03-20-2019, 11:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I already already listed the most pathetic thing, however. Imagine caring so much about being "the best" on a deadend server thats already been beaten by better players than yourself.
I been on this server 6 years longer than you have and still been banned less times than you. Aeezil was right
I'm so happy you replied.

"Better players" what do you mean exactly? Explain to me the challenge of killing a mob in Everquest once it's in camp.

6 years is a long enough time to see Awakened die, twice. Sorry your guild(s) sucked.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
You're probably wasting your time. This guy is so dumb I can't tell if he thinks repeatedly calling me a cleric is an insult or if he honestly is too stupid to /who. I'm leaning towards the latter because he tried to bash me over a mob I wasn't even logged in for.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're probably wasting your time. This guy is so dumb I can't tell if he thinks repeatedly calling me a cleric is an insult or if he honestly is too stupid to /who. I'm leaning towards the latter because he tried to bash me over a mob I wasn't even logged in for.

Unfortunately, i think there's a lot of folks who post in RNF that don't know what's what in the game first hand. Most of the time there's minor grievances between folks in game but forum heros gotta get XP too.

Really, anyone posting negative stuff about AG as a whole is just salty that we dont team for as much stuff anymore or has had a bad experience with a single member of the guild. We're just bigger than every other guild on the server except AM now so just more of a chance to run into conflict with an AG member now a days.

If anyone wants the real truth, AG has grown to become a competitive guild on this server through our own "hard work" (quotes for whoever said it was hard or work in some earlier thread). Any guild could compete with AM if they wanted to. Just level two mages to 55, make 3 cleric bots to 40, then have avout 20 people who could login during a set time (doesnt have to be 16 hours of a window).

Nobody wants to do that, or farm idol camp, or do whatever the meta calls for so here we are. Success doesn't come over night, it took AG at least a year to get from we suck in Fear but sometimes win to we suck in ToV but sometimes win.

Stop crying about why there isnt a rotation and just play.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm so happy you replied.

"Better players" what do you mean exactly? Explain to me the challenge of killing a mob in Everquest once it's in camp.

6 years is a long enough time to see Awakened die, twice. Sorry your guild(s) sucked.
yikes lol

I was never in awakened but ok. Even still I am well aware awakened was twice the guild TMO 2.0 will ever be, they pulled off anything AM does today with less than half the numbers. I keep looking for AM on the server firsts list but I cant find them. Your guild is a joke buddy and so are you.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
yikes lol

I was never in awakened but ok. Even still I am well aware awakened was twice the guild TMO 2.0 will ever be, they pulled off anything AM does today with less than half the numbers. I keep looking for AM on the server firsts list but I cant find them. Your guild is a joke buddy and so are you.
Imagine thinking killing dragons in EQ takes skill. YIKES
Old 03-21-2019, 07:28 PM
Fire Giant

hehe you should have stopped at the "doesn't play but still posts on forums" rhetoric
Old 03-21-2019, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately, i think there's a lot of folks who post in RNF that don't know what's what in the game first hand. Most of the time there's minor grievances between folks in game but forum heros gotta get XP too.
Greetings

Thank you for your reply and your assumptions

I specifically stated "As a returning player" which indicates I have some experience playing the game. About 20 years on and off actually. Some of my characters on P99 are almost 10 years old now, having been created in 2009 when the server first launched. Several were max leveled and raid geared to that point of progression.

I remember the Pre-Kunark days when IB dominated the pixels (All 2 dragons of them) and Salty embarrassed himself in Fear with Fishbait trying to outplay them. TMO hadn't even rolled a single character here yet. Bregen D'Aerth were roleplaying noobs running around upper guk. Everything you're doing now to "compete", we created to adapt to the emerging raid circumstances at the time. Nothing your guild is doing is now is groundbreaking at all.

I only bothered with posting because I began to see a pattern of behavior that went from "What is it with this guild?" to just acknowledging it with "Yep, Azure Guard" because it became not the exception, but the norm.

My intent was to give AG a warning. That the behavior of their members might be having a negative effect on the perception of the server as a whole. (especially to new and returning players)

In a recent post players associated with your guild were acting like bullies and threatening to destroy a lvl 10 bard's "server reputation" for doing nothing more than buying an item from a vendor in WC.

Given those circumstances, you can obviously understand my wish to remain anonymous, considering the way you treat lvl 10 bards and where unconfirmed members of AG in this very thread have piped in with "As a member of Azure Guard Fuck You" for merely trying to warn you that your guild is breaking one of the biggest rules for any respectable raid guild on the server

1) Don't abuse the common everyday player community

I can see this corrosive attitude dripping from every member of AG that has posted in this thread and others. That's why I've given it almost a week. Not one post from an officer or anyone once saying they will do more to police their members. Instead demands of video and screenshots to be given to The Supreme Court so an army of EQ litigators can pour over the data to confirm you might actually have a problem within your ranks.

I referenced the previous thread because that poster provided logs for everyone to see and he was still attacked and trashed by AG all over the forums. That's the point. You're not engaging in any kind of self analysis.

I've only seen an effort to blow smoke up your collective asses, ignoring the problem, or dismissing it as jealousy of your "accomplishments", as if killing dragons somehow vindicates abuse of casual players. It doesn't.

I'm telling you as someone who is now a casual player you have members of your guild impeding the common leveling experience of the everyday player who doesn't want to wake up at 3AM to answer a batphone. You have alts that will zone into Kurns with a high lvl and pull every mob in the zone, depriving people in the zone who aren't twinked from even being able to kill a single mob (At Peak Playing Times)

I'll even give you a name (Bottomless - Iksar Necro) He brought in a lvl 60 who ran around the zone snaring everything and wiping it out while leaving nothing else up for anyone else to kill. They did not care if their behavior affected anyone else in the zone at all.

Note: I did not want to name any member specifically, but you demanded it. The information has now been provided.

Quote:
Really, anyone posting negative stuff about AG as a whole is just salty that we dont team for as much stuff anymore or has had a bad experience with a single member of the guild. We're just bigger than every other guild on the server except AM now so just more of a chance to run into conflict with an AG member now a days.
Please see above

Quote:
If anyone wants the real truth, AG has grown to become a competitive guild on this server through our own "hard work" (quotes for whoever said it was hard or work in some earlier thread). Any guild could compete with AM if they wanted to. Just level two mages to 55, make 3 cleric bots to 40, then have avout 20 people who could login during a set time (doesnt have to be 16 hours of a window).
There is no competition in Classic EQ. There is only reaction to mob spawns and Ego. The server has become entirely item effect focused to the point where mechanics are beyond abused to shave off precious seconds of time because there are no instanced zones in the game. It's like Wow consumables without the consumables. It's laughably broken. Like playing hopscotch with a pogostick for a pegleg.

Quote:
Nobody wants to do that, or farm idol camp, or do whatever the meta calls for so here we are. Success doesn't come over night, it took AG at least a year to get from we suck in Fear but sometimes win to we suck in ToV but sometimes win.

There is no such thing as "success" in EQ. Nothing you do here has any effect in the real world which is the true measure of success. There are no EQ E sports that exist that I'm aware of.

Real success within the game is your Reputation. Nobody killing skeletons in a newbie zone cares what kind of gear you're wearing. They only care about how your behavior is affecting their ability to play the game.

You're bringing the "Raid Mentality" to the common leveling zones and that is a major mistake
Old 03-21-2019, 11:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Holy shit! A reasonable, down to earth response in RNF!?

(Reads name)

Ah, that makes sense. Top fucking bro.
Closed Thread