Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Spells

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 10:13 AM
Skeleton

Default Pet and Damage Shield Question

Player cast damage shield damage is "neutral", meaning that if a player does not do at least one damage, the mob poofs (no one gets credit for the kill).

My question is, does pet DS damage count similarly (either player cast or pet self cast)?

If a mage has to do 50% damage to get full XP, are they competing against damage dealt by the pet (Hits and casting) or damage done by pet and DS?
Old 10-30-2018, 11:41 AM
Skeleton

Just realized I posed this in the wrong forum and can't seem to delete it or edit it. Can I get this moved to wherever it should be?
Old 11-01-2018, 08:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a mage has to do 50% damage to get full XP, are they competing against damage dealt by the pet (Hits and casting) or damage done by pet and DS?
Pet DS is treated the same as any other (Yes fire pet DOES have an OP DS..until 50s. Then it becomes a wizard with O'keils.)

Also, you don't need to do 50% damage per se. You can pet the mob down to 10%, unsummon the pet (using focus clicky of course) and nuke it for full XP. It's a judgement call on taking the 50% penalty vs the mana loss of unsummoning your pet. Mages do have the cheapest pets in the game, though.

Easy blues the pet is okay with doing chain kills, I'd take the 50% xp and just burst of flame once, while keeping a max level +hasted+equipped pet.

Tough single kills, or killing on a timer you outpace, I'd chain-pet (with whatever level pet comes up unless it's a green/low con pet),for the full XP hit.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Closed Thread