Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 07:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would I be panicked?

Mueller just said there was no Russian collusion.

We won [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

ITT a modest collection of troglodytes who fancy themselves enlightened empaths rally behind destructive while calling people sick fucks. ya'll a buncha hateful wretches who loathe authority so much that you are not only happy to send people into dangerous situations, you demand it!

rape is wrong and always will be. Alaska is full of felons and men with ASPD. that doesn't mean it is okay for them to rape women who go there, but until we clean up the culture it is positively shameful to suggest that women should go there, alone.

you can recognize a bad decision while channeling empathy. if you couldn't, you couldn't self actualize. embracing bad ideas doesn't help anyone, least of all those who suffer from them.

Happy Monday, fellow autists!
Old 12-10-2018, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ITT a modest collection of troglodytes who fancy themselves enlightened empaths rally behind destructive while calling people sick fucks. ya'll a buncha hateful wretches who loathe authority so much that you are not only happy to send people into dangerous situations, you demand it!

rape is wrong and always will be. Alaska is full of felons and men with ASPD. that doesn't mean it is okay for them to rape women who go there, but until we clean up the culture it is positively shameful to suggest that women should go there, alone.

you can recognize a bad decision while channeling empathy. if you couldn't, you couldn't self actualize. embracing bad ideas doesn't help anyone, least of all those who suffer from them.

Happy Monday, fellow autists!
You don't even need empathy or sympathy. Really.

*nods approvingly*
Old 12-10-2018, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Finally, I have a huge amount of sympathy for people who took reasonable precautions and got screwed anyway. But yeah, when you voluntarily repeatedly expose yourself to an environment where negative can things can happen to you, the only possible explanation is that you are OK with those negative things, and so am I.
you can still have sympathy for people who make bad decisions. you just have to put yourself in thein shoes, understand their motivations and grasp their limitations. rational people don't purposely act contrary to their own interest. it's silly to suggest that making a bad decision is indicative of carelessness. we aren't all the same and many people simply aren't capable of making good decisions on their own.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:00 PM
Banned

you can still have sympathy for someone who made bad decisions but still point out their bad decisions and still have sympathy for them.

like it's abundantly clear that the people that disagree with me and rave about this right now do not understand that.

this isn't about us being wrong it's about you people not understanding the words that are coming out of our mouths and assuming that we mean something that we do not.

I feel bad for the police officer when he was shot I also understand that he signed up for a job to do.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:08 PM
Banned

rational actors are inhuman. fancy yourself the beepiest robot boy you like, you're still an emotional wreck. that's the beauty of being alive.

e: thought of a good line: if you're gonna bind your soul in knots, make sure u get ropes
Last edited by Wonkie; 12-10-2018 at 12:19 PM..
Old 12-10-2018, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

i wasn't implying that the woman was irrational. i think she was acting entirely rational, she just wasn't able to adequately assess the dangers to herself. that's not her fault. that happens to most of us. while I agree that irrational bouts are characteristic of the human psyche I don't think they are worthy of praise by their nature alone. every irrational impulse should be tempered by reason. the capacity to act in that manner is what defines humanity. chaos makes things interesting. order makes them manageable.

also, you are such a contrarian! and i totally don't get your knot/rope analogy, but am happy to engage it if you wanna dumb it down for me. assuming it's an indictment on me, but not sure beyond that.
Last edited by maskedmelon; 12-10-2018 at 12:55 PM..
Old 12-10-2018, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can still have sympathy for someone who made bad decisions but still point out their bad decisions and still have sympathy for them.

like it's abundantly clear that the people that disagree with me and rave about this right now do not understand that.

this isn't about us being wrong it's about you people not understanding the words that are coming out of our mouths and assuming that we mean something that we do not.

I feel bad for the police officer when he was shot I also understand that he signed up for a job to do.
i think the reception is a result of over-dramatizing the position you are parodying. communication is a two way street. if someone isn't getting what you are saying it is half your fault ^^
Old 12-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Banned

i super glued all my holes shut to prevent from being raped
Old 12-10-2018, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i wasn't implying that the woman was irrational. i think she was acting entirely rational, she just wasn't able to adequately assess the dangers to herself. that's not her fault. that happens to most of us. while I agree that irrational bouts are characteristic of the human psyche I don't think they are worthy of praise by their nature alone. every irrational impulse should be tempered by reason. the capacity to act in that manner is what defines humanity. chaos makes things interesting. order makes them manageable.

also, you are such a contrarian! and i totally don't get your knot/rope analogy, but am happy to engage it if you wanna dumb it down for me. assuming it's an indictment on me, but not sure beyond that.
mostly an excuse to say a vulgarity(ropes), butt i do think logic boys are better served by physical play than mental struggle
Closed Thread