Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the "my mic doesnt work / I don't have one" crowd eh? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I never lied, seen many say that too though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just either don't talk much, or simply stay quiet. Usually I would only log into VOIP for PVP on past games or for raids and my voice wasn't needed much anyway.

I find VOIP fine for these as they enable faster targeting, focus, etc., but what I don't use VOIP for is to celebrate or gripe about my RL to people.

I always enjoyed online games to escape people, and to just not think about people. Having a job that requires listening to people constantly made me not want to have to listen to people once I got home and felt like unwinding.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I never lied, seen many say that too though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just either don't talk much, or simply stay quiet. Usually I would only log into VOIP for PVP on past games or for raids and my voice wasn't needed much anyway.

I find VOIP fine for these as they enable faster targeting, focus, etc., but what I don't use VOIP for is to celebrate or gripe about my RL to people.

I always enjoyed online games to escape people, and to just not think about people. Having a job that requires listening to people constantly made me not want to have to listen to people once I got home and felt like unwinding.
this pretty much how I feel about voip. i see it value for coordination, but it destroys immersion and thoughts don't flow as easily to my tongue as they do to my fingers and also i am very shy.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:51 PM
Kobold

Discord is the best. You can voice chat, text chat, and set up a batphone via notification settings pretty easily. My only real complaint is sometimes on the voice side people go full on robot voice for seemingly no reason, but hopefully that will improve as the application matures and more bugs get worked out.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:28 PM
Orc

Skimmed and didn't see Whatsapp mentioned. I've used it very little but I know some guys who like it a lot.