Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 01:32 PM
Large Rat

Default Enchanter question, Mez + Charm = better?

I don’t know where I got this impression or this information but I wanted to ask on here if it’s even a true thing.

Does charm work better on a mezzed mob?

I was told to mez then charm. Is it true that it holds the charm better if the target is mezzed first?

Any insite on this will help!
Old 02-01-2019, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

I'm not positive but it is easier to mezzo a mob then Tash/charm. Mostly because it's not beating on you and you can get it debuffed and charmed.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Validar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t know where I got this impression or this information but I wanted to ask on here if it’s even a true thing.

Does charm work better on a mezzed mob?

I was told to mez then charm. Is it true that it holds the charm better if the target is mezzed first?

Any insite on this will help!
The only thing that helps charm hold better is level range of mob, CHA, and -MR.

Theoretically some bard mez could help you land the charm since they reduce MR for a few ticks, but it wears off fast so it wouldn't make a difference in duration. Enchanter mez doesn't reduce MR. Landing the charm shouldn't be a worry though unless the mobs you are trying to charm are to high for your level.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:31 PM
Banned

Stun mez charm is more reliable since a resist on the charm doesnt equal mob(s) on you.

Contrarily if ur soloing stun charm leaves mob on u with at least 1 stun agro (400 hate) if u didnt already tash slow the opposing 2nd mob = 1200 hate (400+600+200) with both ur recharm and the charmtanked mob on u too. Of course we talking abou ut ae mez with a nonrooted charmtanked mob here.

In a group atmosphere stun + instantclick + recharm is more effective over a multi trial long haul for max charm dps since ur not waiting on lvl4 mez wearing off every charmbreak
Last edited by Throndor; 02-03-2019 at 11:36 PM..
Old 02-04-2019, 10:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throndor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stun mez charm is more reliable since a resist on the charm doesnt equal mob(s) on you.

Contrarily if ur soloing stun charm leaves mob on u with at least 1 stun agro (400 hate) if u didnt already tash slow the opposing 2nd mob = 1200 hate (400+600+200) with both ur recharm and the charmtanked mob on u too. Of course we talking abou ut ae mez with a nonrooted charmtanked mob here.

In a group atmosphere stun + instantclick + recharm is more effective over a multi trial long haul for max charm dps since ur not waiting on lvl4 mez wearing off every charmbreak
The only charm spell that is short enough to consistently recharge during a stun is Boltran’s. Stun/Mez/recharm is the only viable solution for much of the game, because Boltran’s is just too expensive on a mana pool until very late in an enchanter’s life.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only charm spell that is short enough to consistently recharge during a stun is Boltran’s. Stun/Mez/recharm is the only viable solution for much of the game, because Boltran’s is just too expensive on a mana pool until very late in an enchanter’s life.
If you have an instant click item to spam as soon as your stun lands, you can click it to reset the global cooldown without having to wait the 2.5seconds. At that point, you can channel Allure in time to land it before stun wears.

Likewise, I believe this works with the lvl 44 ae stun and cajoling as well.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throndor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have an instant click item to spam as soon as your stun lands, you can click it to reset the global cooldown without having to wait the 2.5seconds. At that point, you can channel Allure in time to land it before stun wears.

Likewise, I believe this works with the lvl 44 ae stun and cajoling as well.
Key word, consistently.

Stun/Mez/recharm is far more consistent.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Key word, consistently.

Stun/Mez/recharm is far more consistent.
I suppose. But we're already on the tertiary discussion in accepting the fact that we're debating what has already been clarified as the "most DPS-Efficient" way to re-charm in a safe group / rooted charm mob setting.

Plus if you are as risk-averse as you're alluding to then you also have the option or running a few steps away from the mob while clicking ur instant clickie to channel allure/cajoling since you're essentially going to gain range in what would otherwise be mechanical deadtime moving your mouse around to hover over casts or readying your fingers for numeric keystrokes.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:31 PM
Banned

Stun, mez, (re-tash if needed), charm.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:53 PM
Aviak

with lower than 80ms and resetting gem 1 you can actually (if at proper distance, usually people practice this to become like second nature)

long stun > tash > reset spell > charm > mob wont swing once
Closed Thread