Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 10:31 PM
Banned

imagine having to invite a snare class to your group!

anklesmasher is worth 150k
Old 04-13-2019, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine having to invite a snare class to your group!

anklesmasher is worth 150k
R00t iz hurd 2 dew.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:04 PM
Kobold

2k its a good pc
Old 04-14-2019, 01:44 AM
Fire Giant

I love seeing these for sale for under 30k at the same time others are shouting 100k+
Old 04-14-2019, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

As a monk I see this settling somewhere between 10 and 20k in 6+ months.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

It has a use and its rare...the fact that the market price exceeds the value of it for 99% of players is irrelevant to the 1% paying it atm.

This (extreme) is what happens when server is 10 years old and new things get released. Folks have tremendous amounts of plat sitting around and nothing to do with it...spikes like this are just part of the p99 game.

Folks forget/have no clue how much plat some folks have in the banks on this server.

Toss in a pinch of idiots (who think this is a good speculative item to buy atm) and a touch p99 crazy crack...and ouala.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:52 AM
Fire Giant

It's simpler than that. The same type of people who don't carry multiple snare resist counter weapons, and 50+ click items, are the ones crying and not understanding. The monks who carry 7 bags and have 1-2 free inventory slots as literally everything is swap gear for situations, clicks, procs... they froth over this, as only this and a Tunare weapon drop give an ability for a monk to snare. If you even consider this anything but a monk item you miss the point entirely. Every other class usable gets other significantly easier to attain snare weaps, and even some of multiple resists like poison based tserinna whip.

The same as melee froth over eyepatch of plunder, wars froth over willsapper, rangers froth over dark cloak of the sky or shattered emerald. Major class changing skills/ability changes and the barrier to entry is extremely high.

Yes the camp is easy, its boring as sin. You still need a duo of very competent people and the right class composition and right class composition parked out to duo the camp which I've done for enuogh hours to gouge my eyes out.

Never saw an anklesmasher in first 5 days of chardok doing that camp for the most part almost exclusively. Never saw SWC drop in 150+hrs. Saw 3 anklesmashers total, heard of 3 spirit wracked cords in roughly same period. So maybe 10-15 of each exist as they're both very rare drops off of rare'ish mobs. There's plenty of vocal cords, whatever the amount of ankle smashers there is likely 50-100% more vocal cords.

The kicker is now spirit wracked cords don't drop, there is absolutely zero reason to go and camp this shit. It's tiring, high stakes, annoying as hell CR, ties 4-5 characters up in one stupid place permanantly. It's like fungi king but significantly higher barrier to entry.

So nope, I wouldn't sell mine for any figure really.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:54 AM
Fire Giant

Ignoring ball of burlap yarn of course ^^ Talkin procs here. We all know how much beads are worth when stalking probes are instant cast and stupid cheap. Clicks take bagspace, I aint got any bagspace on serious toons.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:24 AM
Planar Protector

Target price is probably around 5k.

Frostbringer is 12/22 and is 2k
Ada club is 15/25 and is 4k

Snare is nice but won't be enough to warrant a big premium over these, after enough smashers have been farmed and demand meets offer.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Monks use snare to aggro things out of a train from range, not in melee fights for the actual snare effect.

Prove me wrong.
Closed Thread