Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 08:25 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Question new but Old player lol

Hi all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played everquest 1 way back around 2000, and then everquest 2. I also played wow and ff
recently ive tried WOW and didnt really care for it: too easy, tooo many quests

so im going back to my 1st love lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and playing a Barbarian Shaman ( was my 1st character way back when )

anyhow i Love how it isnt easy,,,,But it is too hard ?
i cant even beat a goblin whelp .. im lvl 1 obviously and it cons white

I love the idea of leveling slow, i love a challenge but im not sure if im stuck right out of the gate ???? no coin, no food, cant beat up a puppy lol

any advice is appreciated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ps. im currently in China time zone, will that affect my chances of grouping a lot ?
i miss my everquest small group hunting parties [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-03-2019, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

Hey man. Welcome back.

As you gain some PP, you should purchase a poison wind censor and 5 55 rings. That will greatly help you in your journey.

There are certainly easier classes to play, necromancer is probably the most powerful and forgiving of all classes (at least when it comes to soloing). Shaman is a great solo class too, but without good gear, youll struggle a little bit.

Bottom line is that it's a slow process to level in this game. Some nerds brag about how they go from 1 to 60 in a couple weeks, but my experience as a casual player is that it can take years to get to 60. Enjoy the journey, some of my fondest memories are of untwinked grouping in upper guk. You forget to look at the exp bar in those moments.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:29 AM
Sarnak

I forget, are there spiderlings in the Everfrost newbie area?
Try them, just go in swinging.

Before you know it, you will be lev 2 and then 3... then addicted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-04-2019, 04:37 AM
Kobold

Barb Shaman is totally something you can level with nothing, because I did. That said, it was 4 years ago so my memory on precisely how to navigate the first few levels is sketchy at best. The priority, as it will be for 60 levels, is getting all of your spells. A naked shaman can solo his way to 60, all you really need is spells.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:39 AM
Large Rat

Mahdrek, what’s your character’s name? I have a ranger running around Everfrost right now who can be on weird hours; name is Serwen, message him for some help if you see me online!
Old 07-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerrwin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mahdrek, what’s your character’s name? I have a ranger running around Everfrost right now who can be on weird hours; name is Serwen, message him for some help if you see me online!

thank you
name is Mahdrek also [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-05-2019, 10:14 AM
Aviak

The barb starting area is terrible, without twink gear. I had a rogue there untwinked took me an hour to ding level 2. Zero mobs low enough I could kill, best thing you can do is try to get some high level buffs. Or try to move over to the Qeynos starting area.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:09 PM
Large Bat

I'm new too. It took me two days to get to level 5 as a cleric in Freeport. I have found on my journey to 19 that it gets easier and easier as you level up. When you have some pp, you may want to look into getting some medicine bags due to their low weight. They're about 1pp each if I recall correctly.
Closed Thread