Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are correct that I think there's a lot of ways (not just rotations) to make raiding on Project 1999 more like it was in 1999-2001 (ie. more classic).

But thinking the devs could do things better does not mean ignoring a nearly decade-long success track record. And whatever I may disagree with the devs on when it comes to the raid scene, it's objectively undeniable that it has been a success for the project's history, and that the devs have always done what was necessary to keep it that way.

(Rogean may have forgotten we existed for a bit until beloved GM Braknar fell on his sword and "made" Rogean root the dragons ... but ultimately the dragons did get rooted, proving my point. Plust even if he hadn't, P99 raiding would have continued, just slightly less successfully ...

... and when you run a massively successful project for almost a decade, I think you're allowed to lose interest in it from time to time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Lists would be fine for raiding mobs too. I've never understood why there's a distinction between solo, group, and raid content where it comes to sharing.

Similar stipulations, your raid has 1 hour to kill the boss or it moves to the next raid on the list. Pretty much what ring war is atm.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
merging rare items into blue is such a bad approach.

guess ill sell my shit while it still has value
Things like "sorry you don't have warder loot" will finally go away. Praiz
Old 09-14-2019, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

Awww yissss
Old 09-14-2019, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lists would be fine for raiding mobs too. I've never understood why there's a distinction between solo, group, and raid content where it comes to sharing.

Similar stipulations, your raid has 1 hour to kill the boss or it moves to the next raid on the list. Pretty much what ring war is atm.
Nexii you and I don't always see eye-to-eye on things, but I agree with this completely!

Lists may not be literally classic, but I think them (or something like them) could be used to create a far more classic raid scene overall than the current approach.

(And also, putting classic aside for a sec, I'd also just rather play a game where I have to wait my turn for a raid kill, but there's no training, no racing, no silly variant races (eg. CotH races), etc.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wish daybreak would launch a real classic server without titanium client and item links

id play
Daybreak doesn't even have that anymore. The original EQ server code has been lost to time, or at the least it's sitting on a hard drive in a closet in some old Verant dev's house or something.

If someone could produce it I could see a fairly large sum of money being paid for it actually ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:28 PM
Kobold

I am so turned off with how Blizzard handled their Classic launch that I might just abandon my 31 Hunter in favor of playing this.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:52 PM
Orc

It was just December of last year that I started a thread asking when a new Pre Kunark server might come out. Was told repeatedly that it would be YEARS. SOOO proud or the devs for getting GREEN up in less than a year! Always wanted to play Pre Kunark but wasn't introduced to EQ by my kids until the end of Kunark so I have created a number of alts over the past year and played them exclusively as if there was only the original Norrath and it has been WAAAY cool(and no dial up or daily internet crashes).
I agree the open will be busy but I have found so many places that work as newbie areas that I guarantee there will be no crowds in places like that. There are also XP quests that unlimited people can do at one time. For me personally I am semi retired and can ENJOY the game. You might find me fishing in Surefall but you won't see me in LGuk for a long time or fighting to get on somebody's list.
There are STILL so many new things about this game I have just discovered after almost 2 decades. Just did a new quest for the first time today that had so little info on both wiki AND ALAKH that I pretty much had to work the quest out myself.
Maybe I play differently than other people, I don't raid, I don't do 12 hour spawn camps, I don't poop sock, but I do donate.
This going to be great!!! I am so proud of our Devs and GMS, big round of applause...and remember ...Donate
Sooooo looking forward to a fresh start. When you get ninja buffed by a passing shaman, SOWed by a passing druid, or C from a slow ass enchanter, it just might be me. No need to complain, the vast majority of the people I meet on p99 are helpful and courteous. SEE YOU GUYS INSIDE!!!!
Old 09-15-2019, 02:41 AM
Orc

I see more posts whining about whiners than actual whiners. I do see alot of people asking "what ifs" about lists and such. I see those as a good thing because it might be something the devs *gasp* didn't actually consider but will now. I mean, it is possible.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:42 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone think that if all the global total man hours spent playing eq were instead put into curing cancer or something then there would be no more cancer 10 years ago?
I've always said that if I put as much time/effort into my world domination plans as I do into EQ (since live launch) then I'd have taken over the world by now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-15-2019, 02:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Things like "sorry you don't have warder loot" will finally go away. Praiz
Let's be honest dude, we're still not gonna have warder loot.
Closed Thread