Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vouss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanguard emu?
A sys admin at SOE/Daybreak would need to steal the source to make it more then just a pet project. Spells barely functional atm.

You can walk around all over, autoattack, look at all the gear in the auction house and buy all the stuff for nostalgia. Its like virtual blueballs. Cool for a night of nostalgic feels with dat sound track.

People who's attention deficit got the best of them, or people who didn't have the rig to play at launch who bash Vanguard have no idea what they missed.

The 100 man <Ebonlore> zerg getting their collective asses kicked all over the place, culminating with the leader and his entire officership getting banned and /guilddeleted was the greatest ending to a guildwar of all time.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 01-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Beta was a fucking joke - "from scratch" redesigns of entire classes, revamps of huge parts of the game over and over...that game would have never left the beta phase. Microsoft came in and pushed a broken product out the door.

Such a shame too, Vanguard had such incredible potential and may well have been the best game ever created within the genre if there had been focused and talented management within Sigil.
I never would have played pre-revamp Vanguard. I remember looking at Beta phase 2,3 and promising not to play. Was disgusted.

That's what makes VG an even more incredible story. The class design and game design came together within a few months of revamping at the end of beta phase 4, and miraculously it worked. I agree it was a bad move for people who were expecting something different, or who wanted the old VG.

Too bad the hardware requirement was so high and people didn't want to tolerate any crashes. Tanking those out was worth it. You had to play the first 8-10 months of launch to get the real PvP experience, after that it was dead in the water.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 100 man <Ebonlore> zerg getting their collective asses kicked all over the place, culminating with the leader and his entire officership getting banned and /guilddeleted was the greatest ending to a guildwar of all time.
So many feels.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This screen was taken hours before their guild and hall were deleted. They just wouldn't come out to play without their hacks.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:29 AM
Planar Protector

vanguard was cool, surely had a ton of potential but man those character animations/models were worse than the luclin models :/ hard getting immersed having to watch that sack of crap of a character move on screen
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So many feels.

This screen was taken hours before their guild and hall were deleted. They just wouldn't come out to play without their hacks.
Admittedly, I am in that screenshot as Rufin <Ebonlore> BM. I must have logged in for the Rome is Burning-esque drama.

That guild was the most loathsome experience I had. They made any and all R99 people look cool and normal by comparison.

Wow good moment capture!

Old 01-04-2016, 07:20 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Old 01-04-2016, 07:35 AM
Planar Protector

One thing I remember vividly about playing vanguard hard at release was the bugs in that game.

Garden of xio Liu or whatever it's called had so many buggy spots where you would get stuck in the water and eat a death pointlessly.

Then there was the docks nearby. While it looked awesome, running around just found more of those weird pirate mobs until I got to a place I wasn't meant to be and I literally saw Mickey mouse looking place holder models floating around and tilting as they hit me (they were clearly place holders and weren't animated, really wish I took a screen shot).

At that point I could no longer take the game seriously and uninstalled.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:49 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing I remember vividly about playing vanguard hard at release was the bugs in that game.

Garden of xio Liu or whatever it's called had so many buggy spots where you would get stuck in the water and eat a death pointlessly.

Then there was the docks nearby. While it looked awesome, running around just found more of those weird pirate mobs until I got to a place I wasn't meant to be and I literally saw Mickey mouse looking place holder models floating around and tilting as they hit me (they were clearly place holders and weren't animated, really wish I took a screen shot).

Old 01-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

should have told the devs how much you lift and won them over with stories about your autistic gf.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 01-04-2016, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
should have told the devs how much you lift and won them over with stories about your autistic gf.
I think I was fucking her around that time tbh. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]