Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 11:43 PM
Fire Giant

Default Green/Red99

As this is not PvPcentric discussion but rather a server discussion I felt it best to be posted here.

From the Green Server page on the Project 1999 Wiki

"Blue = Beta
In many ways the Blue server can be thought of as being like a Beta Server for the Green Server. Thanks to Blue anything that the developers code is likely to be tested by hundreds, if not thousands of different players. However, precisely because it serves this purpose, Blue isn't a true realization of the Project's goal."

So if Blue=Beta I'd assert Red is definitely a beta as well. As a teams server doesn't seem to be on the table anytime soon will the red server receive the same opportunity to "recycle" as blue? Given the demand for Green seems to be massive I personally don't think the additional server giving players more options would be "wasteful".

How many of you would be interested in a fresh "Green"PvP server launching along side Green? Perhaps we can get some commentary from the staff on this regard.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlife [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As this is not PvPcentric discussion but rather a server discussion I felt it best to be posted here.

From the Green Server page on the Project 1999 Wiki

"Blue = Beta
In many ways the Blue server can be thought of as being like a Beta Server for the Green Server. Thanks to Blue anything that the developers code is likely to be tested by hundreds, if not thousands of different players. However, precisely because it serves this purpose, Blue isn't a true realization of the Project's goal."

So if Blue=Beta I'd assert Red is definitely a beta as well. As a teams server doesn't seem to be on the table anytime soon will the red server receive the same opportunity to "recycle" as blue? Given the demand for Green seems to be massive I personally don't think the additional server giving players more options would be "wasteful".

How many of you would be interested in a fresh "Green"PvP server launching along side Green? Perhaps we can get some commentary from the staff on this regard.
At this point, I've put enough time into my characters on blue that I'm really not that keen on switching to green unless my guild goes there en masse.

That said, if they made a red teams server like SZ, I'd play there exclusively.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:31 AM
Kobold

Somebody mentioned in ec that item links for auctioning wasn’t classic either. A lot of us want to know if this means we have to type out every single stat for items on green? I suppose that was the original classic way of doing it, if anyone knows thx in advance.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point, I've put enough time into my characters on blue that I'm really not that keen on switching to green unless my guild goes there en masse.

That said, if they made a red teams server like SZ, I'd play there exclusively.
Oh I agree, 100%, and I think there is a demand for a hardcoded team based server with that said I'm trying not to get sidetracked into that discussion and want to stick with a Recycle Red server theme, as the current 2 Project 1999 servers both received the same expansion and patch cycle, I don't think it is out of the question that they both receive a recycle..cycle.

I, personally, believe a recycled red would have a significantly higher population than the current red and could provide some population overflow from green if launched at the same time. I think the success of the recycle model is going to be pretty huge, especially if done a few months after the launch of classic WoW, and giving that demand more options is never a bad idea.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxchunjae1912 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somebody mentioned in ec that item links for auctioning wasn’t classic either. A lot of us want to know if this means we have to type out every single stat for items on green? I suppose that was the original classic way of doing it, if anyone knows thx in advance.
If you want to be ultra classic, yes. But unless nilbog takes us back to vanilla client I think taking item links away isn't going to happen.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 06-30-2019, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Some classic things are better left to memory, item typing while selling being one of them.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:58 PM
Kobold

Sullon was crazy, but nothing compared to it as far as the "epic" feeling of accomplishing something big there.

I'd love it if they opened a new Sullon-style server. They opened it later than the other PvP servers too, so in a way, this kind of would fit the whole "re-create how it was done back then" vibe too.
Last edited by Toomuch; 06-30-2019 at 08:01 PM..
Old 06-30-2019, 08:27 PM
Skeleton

how about that classic year 2006 era client

Quote:
For those who have never experienced the online world of EverQuest, the Titanium Edition includes the classic fantasy game as well as The Ruins of Kunark, The Scars of Velious, The Shadows of Luclin, The Planes of Power, The Legacy of Ykesha, The Lost Dungeons of Norrath, Gates of Discord, Dragons of Norrath, Omens of War, and Depths of Darkhollow.
pretty much the same as 2001 velious client right?
Old 06-30-2019, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomuch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sullon was crazy, but nothing compared to it as far as the "epic" feeling of accomplishing something big there.

I'd love it if they opened a new Sullon-style server. They opened it later than the other PvP servers too, so in a way, this kind of would fit the whole "re-create how it was done back then" vibe too.
Was cross teaming a thing on SZ? I'd rather teams be hard coded or maybe even iplocked
Old 07-01-2019, 06:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlife [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was cross teaming a thing on SZ? I'd rather teams be hard coded or maybe even iplocked
No, as I recall it was not. The three teams could definitely not group together as I remember I was always very nervous going to HHK to buy pet spells on my Good Team chanter because it was a Neutral Team stronghold. I could illusion to human and fool them visually but I frequently got tells asking if I wanted to group while there and I knew if they tried to invite me it would fail and the jig would be up.

I'm also pretty certain you could not form guilds with members from other teams either so that pretty much eliminated any kind of cross teaming.
Closed Thread