Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Logged in, gamed for 1hr 10 min, got a stupid low level, logged off.

This is healthy! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I had the spark day 1-3 and thought "yeesh my body is shutting down I'm too old for this I am going to die at my desk how embarrassing my friends are going to be so slightly humerusly disappointed"

Screw the spark! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2019, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server merges due to dying population never look good from an optical perspective. No need to risk that and go through the hassle of opening another server and then merging it later just because we have a temporary issue of early zones being crowded for a week or two.

People need to chill out and give it a week or two for everyone to spread out.
Let's be honest it was a bullshit "vote."

I would that just about everyone who had already gotten "ahead of the curve" voted no, and everyone who was just starting out voted yes.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:19 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server already lost 25% of its launch-weekend population. A month from now it'll be topping out around 1500, and month after that, it won't even tip 1000.
Noting I do agree with all the counter arguments everyone has also stated. I really do hope people go back to blue, wow classic or whatever and green can survive on a healthy population of people, veterans and new gamers.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:20 PM
Kobold

If you play EQ in any format so much that you don't even play other games then... yeah... no shit it's not fun anymore. Only a lunatic could do the same thing forever without getting bored. It was also made 2 decades ago, so it's obviously not the peak of entertainment in terms of modern mechanics/design. You've clearly squeezed all the fun you can get out of it so I wouldn't even suggest wasting your time with it. I myself am taking it very slow for that exact reason. I've wanted it for years and now I'm going entire days without logging in instead of spending every free moment online.

I can shave some time off your depressing bucket list of spending two whole weeks playing FF games though. FF13-2, FF13-3 and FF15 are a total waste of time and money. They are so awful it shouldn't have been legal to sell them, especially 13-3 and 15. So I wouldn't worry about completing them. Ironically, FFXI is a superior MMORPG compared to EQ in pretty much every way, even it's slightly better but still ridiculously bad UI. EQ has it's own charm with it's style and design of course, but if your life goal is to beat all FF games then you should check out the FFXI emu which is basically the same thing as P99.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

It seems a lot of people arguing against splitting the server in two for some period of time keep pointing to the population stagnating or somewhat dropping off after the weekend.

Honestly, I think this has more to do with the fact that people will try to LFG for 2+ hours and maybe be able to solo 1 blue con every 15 minutes while they wait. For most people it isn't realistic to even try to play in this state.

I know seeing 2k + online means there's not reason for me to even log on and I'm sure others feel the same way. I bet 2 servers would easily maintain 1.5k prime time for a long time. If a merge ever happened the excess server could be used for the potential brown/pink/purple or whatever new red server is being considered.

Classic + Kunark might have enough low-mid range content to support a population like this, but Classic by itself does not.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you play EQ in any format so much that you don't even play other games then... yeah... no shit it's not fun anymore. Only a lunatic could do the same thing forever without getting bored. It was also made 2 decades ago, so it's obviously not the peak of entertainment in terms of modern mechanics/design. You've clearly squeezed all the fun you can get out of it so I wouldn't even suggest wasting your time with it. I myself am taking it very slow for that exact reason. I've wanted it for years and now I'm going entire days without logging in instead of spending every free moment online.

I can shave some time off your depressing bucket list of spending two whole weeks playing FF games though. FF13-2, FF13-3 and FF15 are a total waste of time and money. They are so awful it shouldn't have been legal to sell them, especially 13-3 and 15. So I wouldn't worry about completing them. Ironically, FFXI is a superior MMORPG compared to EQ in pretty much every way, even it's slightly better but still ridiculously bad UI. EQ has it's own charm with it's style and design of course, but if your life goal is to beat all FF games then you should check out the FFXI emu which is basically the same thing as P99.
I'll save u some more time. FF 1,2,3,8,10,12,13 etc are crap.
4, 6 and 7 are gold, 9 is ok
Old 10-29-2019, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems a lot of people arguing against splitting the server in two for some period of time keep pointing to the population stagnating or somewhat dropping off after the weekend.

Honestly, I think this has more to do with the fact that people will try to LFG for 2+ hours and maybe be able to solo 1 blue con every 15 minutes while they wait. For most people it isn't realistic to even try to play in this state.

I know seeing 2k + online means there's not reason for me to even log on and I'm sure others feel the same way. I bet 2 servers would easily maintain 1.5k prime time for a long time. If a merge ever happened the excess server could be used for the potential brown/pink/purple or whatever new red server is being considered.

Classic + Kunark might have enough low-mid range content to support a population like this, but Classic by itself does not.
Not sure where you’re seeing LFGing for 2+ hours and only killing one blue every 15 minutes. It was tough on launch day for levels like 1-3, but overall it’s not bad anymore. I can find groups with relative ease and have had zero issues finding spawns. Spent a couple hours in N Ro earlier this evening pretty much constantly killing except for med breaks and there were multiple groups going periodically looking for more people.

The overcrowding issue is severely overstated and hasn’t been an issue since Saturday.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sometimes a game isnt for some people. A lot of the population has seemed to drop off
Old 10-29-2019, 11:13 PM
Fire Giant

So many good posts here, OP & recently acoordinator. For many of us it's not the same game; we've grown and changed as individuals. Our circumstances are different, from when EQ originally launched but also then when P99 started. Some of us wanted Green, we saw it through our rose tinted glasses, but it's not what we thought (either what we expected or what we actually wanted).

I've dabbled in Green; seeing all the lightsources floating around at night due to people with fire beetle eyes, asking if anyone has seen their corpse, all the DING announcements, it's great. But waiting for a single gnoll to spawn, or trying to find a group, then wondering if time could be better spent elsewhere, well, it is what it is. EQ has been around for a long time, and many of us have played it for a long time. I feel it's completely normal to be bored with it. Take a break. Or try Blue again. Or be grateful that you have a wonderful life filled with family, friends, work and pets; those are the biggest rewards.

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 10-29-2019, 11:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I’ve played on every TLP to date and leveled an enchanter to 53 on Blue. I can say Green has been the closest experience to classic I have encountered and I’m having a blast. I didn’t start trying to play until late Monday and I started on Odus. I had no trouble finding mobs, met some cool people, got to level 5, and now I’m planning on heading to Qeynos. I’m sorry you feel like you’ve lost interest in the game but we all outgrow certain things, but I wouldn’t blame it on the server.
Closed Thread