Old 10-30-2010, 05:34 AM
Aviak

You guys rock, nice update.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:58 AM
Large Rat

OWNED
Old 10-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Planar Protector

Considering that the flying kick for monk seems way overpowered, coupled with the fact that "on live," at least as it was in the kunark and on era, the FD mechanic follows the rule of not always wiping agro upon FD, why are we testing and implementing a mechanic that cannot possibly follow classic sense by using live as the basis? Mend was a 6 minute timer. UIs were specifically made to count the timer on mend. If you could simply zone to refresh it a monk would be at every zone with a train of mobs, soloing. If by "on live" you are referring to classic, I have no knowledge of it as I missed out, but if testing was done with more recent servers then this is most definitely wrong.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys rock, nice update.

+1
Old 10-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Considering that the flying kick for monk seems way overpowered, coupled with the fact that "on live," at least as it was in the kunark and on era, the FD mechanic follows the rule of not always wiping agro upon FD, why are we testing and implementing a mechanic that cannot possibly follow classic sense by using live as the basis? Mend was a 6 minute timer. UIs were specifically made to count the timer on mend. If you could simply zone to refresh it a monk would be at every zone with a train of mobs, soloing. If by "on live" you are referring to classic, I have no knowledge of it as I missed out, but if testing was done with more recent servers then this is most definitely wrong.
Rumor is that monks on this server are the post big nerf monks of the velious era, them soloing is still not gonna be easy. I can see somehow there being abuse though.
Powerful 51 Iksar Monk
Old 10-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uthgaard: NPCs around the world are more festive. Enjoy.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN
DOUBLE COMPLETE RAINBOW! ALL ACROSS THE SKY!!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 10-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a mechanic or timer is hard coded into the client, then matching how the client is coded is sometimes best. Especially when it causes desyncs between the server and the client. It is not like mend is terribly overpowered in the first place. How was it in classic? I don't know. But I have no indication that is not how it was. Monks bitched about nerfs louder than any class. I never remember then complaining about a mend nerf.

Haynar
Old 10-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Fight at zone line - end up at 50% hp -> zone out mend to 75 -> zone in mend to 100% The original ability was on a 6 minute timer. I understand the client desyncs; I've seen it do just that, however it would be up to a few seconds off in live as though the client checked with the server to verify if it should be up or not.... With it being client controlled and refresh on zone or even /camp it's defeating the purpose of a timed ability.

Also it was never a nerf; if "in live" it now acts like that, they changed it. I can find posts that allude to the fact that you have to wait for mend to pop up.. no one ever mentions "just zone out and come back!" Surely someone in the first 4 years of EQ would've realized that and had all sorts of monkly advice about mend soloing being the best, but it's not, because that would be far too overpowered to be able to single pull a mob to the zoneline with the no agro mechanic in place, then solo it and zone back out for a complete heal. That defeats the consequences of soloing by removing ALL downtime from the equation.
Last edited by Aadill; 10-30-2010 at 12:23 PM..
Old 10-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Kobold

Awesome patch as always guys!
Old 10-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Developer

Quote:
Fight at zone line - end up at 50% hp -> zone out mend to 75 -> zone in mend to 100% The original ability was on a 6 minute timer. I understand the client desyncs; I've seen it do just that, however it would be up to a few seconds off in live as though the client checked with the server to verify if it should be up or not.... With it being client controlled and refresh on zone or even /camp it's defeating the purpose of a timed ability.

Also it was never a nerf; if "in live" it now acts like that, they changed it. I can find posts that allude to the fact that you have to wait for mend to pop up.. no one ever mentions "just zone out and come back!" Surely someone in the first 4 years of EQ would've realized that and had all sorts of monkly advice about mend soloing being the best, but it's not, because that would be far too overpowered to be able to single pull a mob to the zoneline with the no agro mechanic in place, then solo it and zone back out for a complete heal. That defeats the consequences of soloing by removing ALL downtime from the equation.
If Rogean and nilbog want it changed back, because a monk can solo at the zone line better, then rock on. I cannot fix the client/server getting out of sync any other way than how I did it. I did not ask your permission to make the change in the first place.

Maybe I can get eqclassic people to check how the mechanic is coded into the trilogy client? Good grief. Go make your own server if you don't like it here.

You got any evidence that ranger bows should do critical hits in classic? Because that is on my list of things to nerf, that I have been intentionally ignoring.

Whiny whiny whiny.

Time to nerf some stuff, rather than fix things.

Haynar
Closed Thread