Old 05-31-2020, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

Just more pixels of gear.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

snow
Old 05-31-2020, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Kunark is like one raid zone and a bunch of high level dungeons and playable iksars...

Velious has an epic giant city with complex lore and 3 complex joinable factions (even an exiled mad wizard and his dungeon) within or you can raid them, dwarves two factions or raid them, dragons one faction or raid them with an additional awesome dragon graveyard zone full of its own quests.

Sure the overland maps are a bit bland and expansive but iceclad has cool quests and Wakening Land is a fun 55+ exp zone plus has the entire plane of growth attached.

For 58+ there is the weirdest and perhaps best zone in the game Plane of Mischief.

I think blow for blow Velious beats out kunark for the amount and quality of content
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

Developers thought they could slow power player progression by adding factioning in Velious. Everyone quickly skipped building faction with giants and would just do Coldain then dragons. Plus forced exploration of giant zones to discover content. I remembering being annoyed that I would spend all my playtime running from place to place to try to find somewhere I could get in a group or solo for exp.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do think Kunark is the Creme dele creme of the classic era. Velious feels more like a booster pack of content than a full expansion in the way kunark was.
Wasn’t Kunark also already at least partially in development by the time the game released? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the original plan was to have Kunark in the game all along from the start but they couldn’t get it done in time. If so, that may explain why it was a lot more fulsome than Velious which was a “true” expansion pack. Luclin also felt similarly bland to me.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:57 PM
Banned

Velious adds so much lore. What even is this? You are gay.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious adds so much lore. What even is this? You are gay.
Giong to spend my time researching this and continue coming to my own conclusions, but I never could find it because I probably never bothered to run all the way across the eastern wastes.

I do believe my opinion could change as I haven't really sat down with Velious much.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Personally I think some of the best things in Velious are quests. You've got the really big "epic" quests: the seven shawl quests, ten dain ring quests, and the spirit of garzicor quest ... and then you have the tons of Tunare quests in WL and various smaller quests for each of the factions.

I think to see the lore of Velious, you just need to go do those quests.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

The 1st shall quest is like "me hungry want meet or furrs", some dwarf, I never bothered looking after that.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
At the end of the previous quest, Betti Frostweaver told you to show your Embroidered Coldain Prayer Shawl to Gilthan Brittleblade.

Gilthan Brittleblade says 'So, you've been chosen to attempt the rune, eh? Been ages since anyone's even made an attempt. The rune represents the very essence of our people, our culture, and our religion. Take a sea shell runed with enduring breath and a small brick of velium and grind them together in a mortar and pestle. Add water to the powder and model the rune. Fire the rune with water and the best of firing sheets. Show the product to Trademaster Kroven.'
So Coldain dwarfs like sea shells fire and water? And are good at pottery?

Like seriously, why? what does this supposed rune represent Coldian solidarity with uhmm...? Seashells? or something.
Closed Thread