Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 01:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just autofire it like robthe, foroar, etc. who regularly died after fte without even moving.
Course they do. becuase you cant turn that off fast enough.. OBS that shit and they get banned permanently.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We had a kill force there. Kanshu was sitting in the water and fell asleep at his keyboard because he was probably up all night, lol. Nothing I could do about that except call in the cavalry. I did not know he fell asleep at the keyboard until I was already running it around with darkness.
Uhh... you could actually just... drop the mob?

If you're not doing anything to kill it, and admittedly "waiting on cavalry". That's a drop situation.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:43 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uhh... you could actually just... drop the mob?

If you're not doing anything to kill it, and admittedly "waiting on cavalry". That's a drop situation.
I'll let the GMs tell me to drop it, not Furoars aka Robthe. Is it a drop situation? Because I've been doing Lodi for a few years now and EVERY single time someone has it and doesn't have the force, they have a few minutes leeway to drag it around before they need to drop.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

As a filthy casual I voted for the roll option, but giving it some thought I cant say I support a roll system.

Were would it take us? In a few years will all attractive mobs be "roll offs"? Thats not a good way to go for the server.

Cant really use the autofire argument as thats not legal and should be policed by the GMs. If autofire is not allowed, it should be reported/policed, not change around how the game is to be played.
(I dont camp Lodi, and have only bought a map piece once)
Old 06-03-2020, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a filthy casual I voted for the roll option, but giving it some thought I cant say I support a roll system.

Were would it take us? In a few years will all attractive mobs be "roll offs"? Thats not a good way to go for the server.

Cant really use the autofire argument as thats not legal and should be policed by the GMs. If autofire is not allowed, it should be reported/policed, not change around how the game is to be played.
(I dont camp Lodi, and have only bought a map piece once)
That's the core problem here: there are no good options here. The only one I could see is if the staff added some sort of /list-like feature ... but of course they have lots of other things they'd rather do I'm sure.

Until they do, we can only choose the "least bad" of some bad options. Rolls do have some downsides ... but to me (and most people I think) they are far better than the alternative of clickfests and Autofire.

And as for saying "the staff should just magically get better at catching cheaters" ... that's not a (real world) answer: it's avoiding the fact that we have two bad choices by wishing for an imaginary third one. I don't think the staff are going to get any better at detecting click software if they haven't figured it out after a decade.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:12 PM
Sarnak

Make lodizal summon at 100% 2020. Make him like the dragons. Bring kill force or get wrecked trying to kite.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll let the GMs tell me to drop it, not Furoars aka Robthe. Is it a drop situation? Because I've been doing Lodi for a few years now and EVERY single time someone has it and doesn't have the force, they have a few minutes leeway to drag it around before they need to drop.
You want a GM to intervene every single time you illegally kite Lodi?

Or you could just have some integrity and drop the mob when you're cheating.

And I'm not interested in what Robthe does, what "EVERY single time someone" does, or anything like that.

The rules say you're not supposed to kite unless you're actively trying to slow, and you had no slower. That's a drop situation for anyone who has respect for the server rules.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You want a GM to intervene every single time you illegally kite Lodi?

Or you could just have some integrity and drop the mob when you're cheating.

And I'm not interested in what Robthe does, what "EVERY single time someone" does, or anything like that.

The rules say you're not supposed to kite unless you're actively trying to slow, and you had no slower. That's a drop situation for anyone who has respect for the server rules.
Sorry, where is it illegal? How often have you done Lodi? Because I see people kite him around for up to 5 minutes all the time. And I was casting engulfing darkness on him.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Lodi isnt a raid mob. Kite until your force shows up is fine.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Sorry, where is it illegal? How often have you done Lodi? Because I see people kite him around for up to 5 minutes all the time. And I was casting engulfing darkness on him.
The GM's have stated the rule, and you obviously know what the rule is as you're providing a defense for violating it.

As Lothisu pointed out earlier, you're dancing trying to place 'any' debuff on the mob so as to seem like you're active. But the truth is you're just stalling for your slower.

Your defense to all this is "Well, other people have done it, so I guess it's okay for me!"

One can only conclude that you don't care about the rule because you're unlikely to be caught and punished by the GM in real-time. And it's not like you're worried about losing respect or credibility -- you had none to begin with.
Closed Thread