Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 08:36 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks, hope it was helpful.

If you're leveling up, and you think of something I missed, something that should be in the guide, or spots you think should be included, please let me know. I'd like to continue to expand it so necromancers and others have all the information needed to be successful.

The first version of my guide had merely one spot per leveling range, and I noticed that those areas became heavily, heavily contested (which, admittedly, should be expected). So, my new approach is to add in as many spots as possible so that way it is far more diffused, rather than so centralized on a single spot. Also allows for more variety of styles of play, hence the restructuring of the way my guide presents fear kiting, root rotting, and charming.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

31-34 the entire Sister Island is still fantastic exp (and sword sisters gave the same money as Halfling guards), and because I did Crushbone early I was amiable with the dwarf merchant there even as an iksar. Would do the 2 sword sisters, the 2 by the docks, and then the 3 dwarves in a rotation.

Other options are Baobob and Chanda Miller in Qeynos Hills. They drop bronze swords and you can camp the GBS while doing it.

Also the Guard Hrakin/Jyle Windshot/Pandos Flintside rotation in West Freeport. Sadly Jyle is not itemized yet on this server so he drops nothing, but all three should drop good plat/weapons/words.

I know that people also killed static spawns in Akanon. Sanfyrd Featherhead and the Mechanics were necro camps during this time (haven't done it on this server though). Dark Deathsinger is another bard you can afk camp. Wood Elves in Lesser Faydark were a good rotation, too.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:47 AM
Fire Giant

Fantastic. I'll jump by those on one of my alt necromancers and check the camps out, and add them to the list.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Sweet I'll go check the EQNecro archives later and see if there are more.

Here's a good Velious era post on Necro hunting spots.

Here are just some helpful guides in general. Never too soon to read up on your Holgresh Elder Beads camp
Last edited by Potus; 06-06-2014 at 11:13 PM..
Closed Thread