Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

uhh those are 2 separate things... and I think a lot of you are getting it confused, not me.

so your telling me that they added the possible bonus tick, even though it happens every time no matter what?

I thought they just fixed the correct amount of ticks on spells (not talking about any bonus ticks, just the proper amount of ticks without any bonus ticks)...

and the possible bonus tick (when timed with the server, which would happen rarely, not every time) still needs to be resolved.....

and that still doesn't explain what he meant by "Base 15" when Cleary its 16 ticks...

You think that every single test you did was somehow magically timed perfectly with the server to activate this possible bonus tick???????

if that's how they actually implemented, then this is a HUGE fuck up!

I thought they were just correcting the proper amount of ticks because splurt was already 1 tick short even without cinsidering any bonus tick.......
Last edited by Grimjaw; 06-16-2015 at 02:36 PM..
Old 06-16-2015, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uhh those are 2 separate things... and I think a lot of you are getting it confused, not me.

so your telling me that they added the possible bonus tick, even though it happens every time no matter what?

I thought they just fixed the correct amount of ticks on spells (not talking about any bonus ticks, just the proper amount of ticks without any bonus ticks)...

and the possible bonus tick (when timed with the server, which would happen rarely, not every time) still needs to be resolved.....

and that still doesn't explain what he meant by "Base 15" when Cleary its 16 ticks...

You think that every single test you did was somehow magically timed perfectly with the server to activate this possible bonus tick???????

if that's how they actually implemented, then this is a HUGE fuck up!

I thought they were just correcting the proper amount of ticks because splurt was already 1 tick short even without cinsidering any bonus tick.......
Right now, you always get the bonus server tick. That's how the patch was implemented for the time being. Every spell's base ticking is 1 less than how many ticks it gets, because the recent patch introduced this. I am guessing that rather than trying to work out the mechanics of simulating the sometimes bonus tick, they just gave every spell one extra bonus tick to simulate this. Also note, it wasn't that rare. It was quite common.

The base ticks for Cessation is 10. But it ticks 11 times because of the server tick.

The base ticks for Splurt is 15. But it ticks 16 times because of the server tick.

The base ticks for Splurt, prior to the server tick that was added in the last patch, needs to be 16. There should be a 203 tick as a final tick.

The extra tick that was added in this last patch is a separate deal from Splurt having too few ticks. Splurt never ticked just 15 times, as prior to this server tick, it was always a 16 tick. This patch, in other words, made Splurt tick its proper base amount, but it doesn't get a bonus server tick like the other dots.

If we are going to say that Splurt is where it should be, ticking 16 times, then other DoTS out there is ticking 1 too many times. If we say that every other DoT is ticking the right number of times (taking the server tick as granted, 100% chance), then Splurt is ticking 1 too few times.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 06-16-2015 at 03:07 PM..
Old 06-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

well.. if you are correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then this is a HUGE fuck up!
and this is how I feel

Quote:
If we are going to say that Splurt is where it should be, ticking 16 times, then other DoTS out there is ticking 1 too many times.
Last edited by Grimjaw; 06-16-2015 at 05:26 PM..
Old 06-16-2015, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

FFS. Go read the dot and splurt threads in the bug section. We know what we're talking about. There was no "possible bonus tick", it was added at the same time as the 66% damage from a moving target kiting nerf, way back in 99.

Splurt ticked 17 times, always, for 1819 total.
Last edited by koros; 06-16-2015 at 06:05 PM..
Old 06-17-2015, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

^ Wow.. even more misinformation added to the heaping shitpile of this thread. Thanks Koros.

Well.. turns out I was right and you are all dead wrong.

koros - splurt suppose to be 16 ticks not 17. the 17th tick would be the magically proper timed bonus tick.

Uteunayr - They didnt figure out the best way to implement the "potential bonus tick" yet. so your totally fucking wrong this entire thread. they just fixed dots like splurt was missing the 16th tick. They are still working on the "potential bonus tick".

Quote:
Can we get some clarification on this change? Because some people thought you fixed dots that were 1 tick too short, such as splurt... While others assume that you patched in that "potential bonus tick" that could potentially happen to any dot, when it gets timed to exactly align with the server tick.

So which is it? did you just fix a few dots that were too short? or did you add in the "potential bonus tick" to every spell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No bonus tick. But I think I figured out why there was one at all.

H
Old 06-17-2015, 09:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FFS. Go read the dot and splurt threads in the bug section. We know what we're talking about. There was no "possible bonus tick", it was added at the same time as the 66% damage from a moving target kiting nerf, way back in 99.

Splurt ticked 17 times, always, for 1819 total.
At this point, he is either trolling, or genuinely too resistant to reading. I am leaning forward the former, so I wont be feeding any more.

Here's the link in case anyone wants to read:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=189452
Last edited by Uteunayr; 06-17-2015 at 10:00 AM..
Old 06-17-2015, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

look dude I just linked a reply from the dev who implemented it. if you want to consider that trolling then go for it. but what you and koros are fighting for hasn't even been implemented yet.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
look dude I just linked a reply from the dev who implemented it. if you want to consider that trolling then go for it. but what you and koros are fighting for hasn't even been implemented yet.
That's because he thought it was supposed to go in with Velious. It's not the end of the world, but I gave evidence it's always been that way since Kunark launch.

Straightforward run down of what happened:

1. There was no "occasional" bonus tick, it was an "always" bonus tick, that was added to all dots to counterbalance the 66% kiting nerf in sept 99. We pointed it out to the devs. The code just said "Get the duration from the spell database and add 1 tick."
2. We also point out that splurt is ticking 15x instead of 16x.
3. Devs acknowledge 1 and 2, and change 1 (and have 2 set to change at Velious release). So now Splurt is ticking 15 + 1 (duration + 1), instead of 16 + 1 (correct duration + 1)
4. I/We give evidence that splurt is 16x base at the beginning of Kunark, not the beginning of Velious. Point out an extra tick should be added now and not later.

Ya dig?
Last edited by koros; 06-17-2015 at 03:17 PM..
Old 06-18-2015, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

man you guys are out to lunch. regardless if the "extra tick" is suppose to happen always or not... thats not what was implemented so your still wrong with point 3. point 2 (splurt being short) is exactly what was fixed.

do i serously need to re-quote the GM's clarification on that patch note? Maybe it will stick for you this time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No bonus tick. But I think I figured out why there was one at all.

H

also once Uteunayr was proven wrong in this thread by me, he makes a 90 degree turn and agrees with you to say "oh well i wasnt talking about a potential bonus tick... but one that always is supposed to be there" .... ya ok, give me a break... go reread this thread he mentions the potential bonus tick like 5 times until i showed him thats not what the GM fixed.

edit: also for the record i still dont agree with point 1. i believe the bonus tick comes from being timed exactly correct with the 6 second server tick. none of this shit your mentioning

your entire post of proof about splurt going up to 203 is refuted by the next poster...

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...05547656970427

Quote:
This spell does not go to 203 dmg. The last tick is 191 dmg on this spell. I also as a previous poster has stated, have never seen this spell resisted except on high end named mobs. Because it has such a low initial dmg and builds to it's max, it has an especially low agro when using it.

I used to use it allot, but after getting funeral pyre I rarely use it anymore. I would still load this spell however, if I just wanted to overstack some mob with umpteen dots as it stacks with any other dot line we have.

the confusion of that comes into play with...

wait for it...

THE POTENTIAL BONUS TICK IF TIMED CORRECTLY WITH THE SERVER 6 SECOND TICK

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Haynar knows whats up, and that's the main point in all this.
Last edited by Grimjaw; 06-18-2015 at 01:11 AM..
Closed Thread