Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 09:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this item worth it for a necromancer?
Yes.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:41 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

Thanks for the feedback. I already have the Z heart, was contemplating selling it to recharge the ole coffers. A side note on beads....

I think holgresh beads are a absolute complete waste on a necromancer and one of the more over hyped items I have ever seen. The only class it makes even a hint of sense for is a Monk. Bards have a Eye of Zomm helm and it sells for like 1kpp? I get that the eye plus FD is what makes it good, but c'mon.

1) You can not cast beads with any type of pet (summoned or charmed)
2) It's literally no different than just suiciding your pet for pull purposes, in fact it may be inferior. Also how many necros have you ever seen pull HoT (the one zone where beads are mandatory IMO)
3) The only scenario it even makes remote sense to life tap off the eye is after a raid wipe, in an XP group you should just tap a mob.
4) The rods that have the Eye of Zomm charges cost 2pp?
5) necromancer FD is trash compared to Monk and is not reliable enough to use as a consistent splitting tool. You will absolutely, 100%, no exceptions, end up dying or pulling the entire train if you do this for any extended period of time.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the feedback. I already have the Z heart, was contemplating selling it to recharge the ole coffers. A side note on beads....

I think holgresh beads are a absolute complete waste on a necromancer and one of the more over hyped items I have ever seen. The only class it makes even a hint of sense for is a Monk. Bards have a Eye of Zomm helm and it sells for like 1kpp? I get that the eye plus FD is what makes it good, but c'mon.

1) You can not cast beads with any type of pet (summoned or charmed)
2) It's literally no different than just suiciding your pet for pull purposes, in fact it may be inferior. Also how many necros have you ever seen pull HoT (the one zone where beads are mandatory IMO)
3) The only scenario it even makes remote sense to life tap off the eye is after a raid wipe, in an XP group you should just tap a mob.
4) The rods that have the Eye of Zomm charges cost 2pp?
5) necromancer FD is trash compared to Monk and is not reliable enough to use as a consistent splitting tool. You will absolutely, 100%, no exceptions, end up dying or pulling the entire train if you do this for any extended period of time.
I will concede that the beads are not at their most impressive once you reach lvl 60. That said, I'd never sell mine (first of all because I looted them myself when my necro was lvl 46 and that alone makes me sentimental [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ). They are at their very best when you are root rotting without a pet up. I've never used them for pulling. Only ever as a life drain dummy. When I was soloing guards in Felwith from lvl 51-53 they were essential in reducing down time significantly.

I'll admit that now, at 60, I rarely root rot with no pet up. Soloing is often about fear kiting or pet/me tanking and as such I almost always have a pet up when soloing. When I do use my beads now it's mostly to recover after a rez or to hammer off. Is that worth 100k? Hmm, probably not now that I think about it. But like I said, I'm never getting rid of them. It's a utility item I don't want to go without.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevilshute [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that worth 100k?
I think so.

It's definitely not the first item you buy, but it is a luxury item that provides a very noticeable improvement on QoL.

It's like a Goblin Gazughi Ring (although scaled up quite a bit)

Sure you don't need it, but it will constantly be saving you little bits of time that will add up to a more enjoyable experience.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

The ability to give yourself vexing mordinia recourse without needing an NPC target / without needing to eat AoEs is pretty valuable.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

holgresh elder beads are very good with soul well clicky staff from VP
Closed Thread