Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-18-2018, 10:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When the quest is completed, the component array should be cleared.
This bit isn't currently happening either.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:17 AM
Fire Giant

Bump for awareness! Getting ready to do Balatin turn ins soon and this thread has me worried! I want to echo the previous sentiment that if Nilbog expects people to complete their epics as intended, then the no drop class specific quest items need to go only to those classes they were intended for.

I was also thinking recently myself how awesome it would be if P99 just removed MQ altogether. People might actually be willing to help people get epic quest drops more often if the greed factor was taken off the table.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

If people weren't little bitches that vehemently complained about MQing but still pay an arm and a leg for it then MQing wouldn't be such a problem.

The 'problem' with disabling mq is that a lot of 'incidental' drops would end up rotting instead of being used.

I remember being a very proactive hate raider but even so had to eventually accept an Earthcaller mq from the guild for my own epic.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Withered Treant in NK for the druid fucked up for us yesterday, although in our advantage. I was MQing the Clean Lakewater for my friend, but after turning in my piece first I received the Warm Pulsing Treant Heart and the Withered Treant despawned. I initially assumed they accidentally turned in their items first. I can only assume someone boned a turn in earlier and confused their Pure Lakewater (from the corrupted barracuda in LOIO for the Kunark cleansed spirit) for the correct Clean Lakewater item.

If it's proposed that MQ memory does not clear when the NPC despawns or a turn in is completed, that has to be the case as we were watching the Withered Treant spawn pretty closely. Either that or someone sneaked in and fucked up between pop and us seeing it up.

They still have their corrupted items, and I have a Cleansed Spirit of Antonica, so nothing was actually lost. I'm worried that I'll end up with another druid epic (or a lore conflict at least) when I MQ this Cleansed Spirit for them. Hopefully that kind of MQ error might be eligible for reimbursement?
Last edited by Bummey; 06-04-2018 at 04:27 PM..
Old 06-08-2018, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

Ouch