Planar Protector

0 mana spells.
Can cast while moving.
Runs faster than Spirit of Cheetah.

Hmmmmmm... tough one...
Old 07-03-2022, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzulin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im pretty new i have a lvl 5 mage and im pretty happy with that so far. But the monk looks fun and FD looks helpful i get lost some times running for my life. Now that my mage has pet it should be alot easier. But bard seems fun to, im sure i could use macros for twisting songs and the speed buffs seem nice but im not sure how bards are monks do soloing or grouping. Ill be playing while i work remote so not sure if the can solo.
Consider SK. Nice blend between the two. You can get around arguably easier than a monk but yet get a lot of bardlike QoL with more dps and better tankage. Soloing with fear kiting is a breeze especially if you can’t afford to twink much and you can fd easy while playing during work when needed.

I’d recommend troll for SK but ogre is nice for ridiculous stats or iksar for regen and greenmist. Don’t neglect the lvl 52/58 sk pets they are way more effective solo than probably given credit for. Get a reclaim energy item for max pet assistance at these levels
Last edited by Crede; 07-03-2022 at 03:13 PM..
Old 07-10-2022, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

It really is hard to compare bards to monks directly as they are so incredibly different. I have both at 60.

Which is better at individual tasks?

Pulling:

- If the content requires FD, monk hands down all the way.
- If the content does not require FD, bards simply do it better most of the time. Bards can lull and CC anything unwanted that also came ... or just pull the lot and CC everything while the group locks them down.

DPS:

Lol. Monk. No comparison. End of discussion.

Tanking:

Depends. Generally speaking most will prefer monk but important considerations ...

Group or duo/trio? Composition of said group? All important factors. Comparably geared, Monk will take less damage and do mostly all of their dps while doing it. Bards will take more damage but have the advantage of absolute aggro control at their fingertips. Most people would favor the monk but depending on group composition a bard could be preferable.

Both of them are sufficient for 99.9% of content but most would prefer monk.

Support: (healing/cc/mana regen/haste)

Monk has nothing in the toolkit so bard of course.

Having said all of that ... they are so fundamentally different that this is a comparison between apples and spam. Any head to head comparison is flawed from the start. You bring monks and bard to the group for different reasons entirely.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2