Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-30-2022, 03:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Finally coming home

Hello all,
I am finally returning home to EQ after 20 years! Sometime around 2002, if I remember correctly, I gathered up my bones, pet, and souls and left EQ. I was a pretty darned decent necromancer residing on the Prexus server, in the guild Nameless Order. I had a little child, another one on the way, and a wife that utterly despised this game. Life was just too busy, and I moved on.

Throughout the years, I continued to play games after moving over to the Xbox, and time passed by. Here and there I would see mentions of EQ, and a warm fuzzy feeling would wash over me as I remembered back to my days in Norrath. I played many great games, especially RPGs, and really enjoyed them. But somewhere deep down, something just wasn't getting fed what it needed. Over time, it got worse, and recently I have been losing interest in gaming altogether. But everytime I looked up something about EQ on youtube, that fire to play would come raging back.

My youngest son was listening to me tell stories of Lower Guk and kiting my first giant when he said I should go back and play. So here I am, and within the next few days I plan to be joining up on either the blue or green server and trying to shake off several decades of rust. I cannot get over how excited I am about doing this! (I just need to get a cable to hook up my son's old laptop to the TV... my eyes are not as good as they were 20 years ago, lol)

I am truly looking forward to stepping back into that unique and amazing world once again, and maybe even meeting some of you along the way! Neriak, here I come!!!!
Old 08-31-2022, 11:30 PM
Large Rat

Welcome aboard, we just started back brand new on the Green server. We played on Povar in a guild call Triton. Still baby toons but its been fun thus far.
Old 09-01-2022, 03:28 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Welcome back home to a very addictive but enjoyable hobby(drug) my friend! Try to play responsibly and always have fun. Many fine posters here to answer any questions you may ever want to ask them! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2022, 04:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I got setup and started on the green server last night. There is ALOT of rust to shake off, and alot of things to remember from way back when. But I am having a blast!!!!!