Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 09-01-2022, 08:25 PM
Banned

“In modern America, where blacks are mobilized to challenge racial inequality”

Uhhh what? How? What the heck does this even mean? WE’RE MOBILIZING THE BLACKS TO TAKE OVER, BOYS. This sounds like some weird sort of race-war bait

I love the concept of “white fragility” as well. When you’re called a racist, if you agree then you’re a racist. If you deny it you’re demonstrating white fragility, and you’re also a racist. Fucking. Yay. Thanks for those options!

Not picking on Ennewi in particular those concepts just seem weird to me
Old 09-01-2022, 08:30 PM
Kobold

Well I'll be damned. I guess we're fucked. All those people hiding their actual racism. I guess all whites really are racist.

Where do I send the check?
Old 09-01-2022, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Uhhh what? How? What the heck does this even mean? WE’RE MOBILIZING THE BLACKS TO TAKE OVER, BOYS. This sounds like some weird sort of race-war bait

I love the concept of “white fragility” as well. When you’re called a racist, if you agree then you’re a racist. If you deny it you’re demonstrating white fragility, and you’re also a racist. Fucking. Yay. Thanks for those options!

Not picking on Ennewi in particular those concepts just seem weird to me
Its nothing more than a money ploy that preys on white guilt. The "White redeemer" types like robin diangelo can give your company virtue signal plaques for money all the while the employee or reader feeling redeemed without learning a thing about themselves or racisim.

White fragility is legit the dumbest piece of writing I have ever read and funny enough she says in the book my "white fragility" prevented me from learning the deeper notions in the book.

white fragility1.jpg

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 09-01-2022, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its nothing more than a money ploy that preys on white guilt. The "White redeemer" types like robin diangelo can give your company virtue signal plaques for money all the while the employee or reader feeling redeemed without learning a thing about themselves or racisim.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simony
Old 09-01-2022, 09:03 PM
Fire Giant

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
exactly

Old 09-01-2022, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

White fragility is legit the dumbest piece of writing I have ever read and funny enough she says in the book my "white fragility" prevented me from learning the deeper notions in the book.

Attachment 18561
And yet you gave $$ to this woman for writing this crappy book you hated to read through, my friend! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cool and normal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2022, 09:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yet you gave $$ to this woman for writing this crappy book you hated to read through, my friend! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cool and normal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want my money back.

Old 09-01-2022, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Uhhh what? How? What the heck does this even mean? WEÂ’RE MOBILIZING THE BLACKS TO TAKE OVER, BOYS.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Black-Panther-Party
https://www.britannica.com/event/Ame...ights-movement
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Thurman

Quote:
This sounds like some weird sort of race-war bait
Mobilization is an odd term because it sounds militaristic, but it's been used for decades now in reference to nonviolent protests.

Quote:
Gandhi referred to this method of mass mobilization as satyagraha
Quote:
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. April 15 Mobilization to End the War in Vietnam New York City Saturday, April 15, 1967
Quote:
King and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) temporarily joined the coalition, attracting national publicity to Albany. Although the Albany Movement was successful in mobilizing massive protests during December 1961 and the following summer, it secured few concrete gains.
Quote:
The study would have benefited from the involvement of black respondents as well, along with other backgrounds from around the world, though that would have required coordination with other universities.
Old 09-01-2022, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I'll be damned. I guess we're fucked. All those people hiding their implicit bias. I guess all humans really are racist.
Ftfy.
Old 09-01-2022, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Black-Panther-Party
https://www.britannica.com/event/Ame...ights-movement
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Thurman

Mobilization is an odd term because it sounds militaristic, but it's been used for decades now in reference to nonviolent protests.
Yea I guess I got hung up on the term

Not sure if any of those protests would still be considered “modern America”. The only modern black equality protests I see are from BLM, and that’s for a very specific thing. But maybe I just don’t pay attention to the others because they’re not as big/well-known

I’m still over here trying to un-learn Martin Luther King’s desire to not judge by skin color, since apparently colorblindness is now considered another form of racism. I need to learn to stereotype up a guess at someone’s “lived experience” based on their skin color, while de-emphasizing the role their economic class status plays in that

So much to learn