Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 08-29-2022, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

Default Chetari Courier

Chetari Courier doesn't seem to be spawning. A mob does indeed spawn at the loc given on the Wiki, and on Live and TAKP that mob is sometimes Courier (very often actually) but on p99 it seems to never be.

The pathing is the same on all 3 servers (spawns at the rock at (608, -1325), every once in awhile briefly wanders either direction but not far, before returning to the rock.

Then there is the other possible reason for the rarity of the item - it also drops from Dlammaz PH "storm giant warlord" - I do remember killing this mob a few times in Rampage and we DID get some Masks of War. But these days, no one kills Dlammaz.

While reading Allakhazam I saw something interesting - someone posed that Gladiator despawned mid fight. So maybe back when we had regular patches he was up every once in awhile.

As an aside, if we're going to never bring the server down, something has to be done about trap mobs in DN and WW respawns. Has a GM looked around DN lately?
Old 08-29-2022, 08:51 PM
Sarnak

I spent some time looking into this. On red the Dlammaz is NEVER killed, but I have never seen anything but him up. The PH was confirmed to exist however.

the courier I have never seen on red either. However there is a Chetari npc that spawns in the paebella area (toward neb), that runs out (towards the water tunnel/west snake pit) and dies. I do not recall if that is the courier offhand, but it was very odd behavior, and you could only see him last for any reasonable length by clearing paebella.
Old 08-29-2022, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstyle Wutangfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However there is a Chetari npc that spawns in the paebella area (toward neb), that runs out (towards the water tunnel/west snake pit) and dies. I do not recall if that is the courier offhand, but it was very odd behavior, and you could only see him last for any reasonable length by clearing paebella.
I have only seen escaped workers down in the Pebala area, no courriers. I've spent quite a bit of time hanging out in that area, probably more than most players have. The escaped worker is not particularly rare--usually saw a few of 'em per session--but as you note, it is killed by pebala rats if any are nearby. If a courrier can spawn there it must be incredibly rare, but I assume it does not unless someone proves otherwise.

Danth
Old 08-30-2022, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have only seen escaped workers down in the Pebala area, no courriers. I've spent quite a bit of time hanging out in that area, probably more than most players have. The escaped worker is not particularly rare--usually saw a few of 'em per session--but as you note, it is killed by pebala rats if any are nearby. If a courrier can spawn there it must be incredibly rare, but I assume it does not unless someone proves otherwise.

Danth
Well, it is a CHETARI Courier, so it wouldn' make much sense to spawn in Paebala.

I also had a friend confirm on PEQ and TAKP - he spawns at the noted loc on both places.

So I see two possibiliies

1) Chetari Courier is not included in the spawngroup on p99 and thus needs to be fixed.

2) Dlammaz PH either never spawns, or the PH's despawn until Dlammaz appears. Which is fine - this seems like it may be expected behavio.

#1 definitely needs some looking in to.
Old 08-30-2022, 10:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Well, it is a CHETARI Courier, so it wouldn' make much sense to spawn in Paebala.
I don't think it is related to the courier, but it does make sense. The escaped workers are escaping the Paebala and are KOS to them. That's why they are killed on spawn, and you only seem them if you clear some.

A dev confirmed at one point that "storm giant warlord" exists, the mask "should drop", and that "Dlammaz has a ph"
Old 09-12-2022, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstyle Wutangfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A dev confirmed at one point that "storm giant warlord" exists, the mask "should drop", and that "Dlammaz has a ph"
source?
Old 09-13-2022, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

after talking with some other people with a lot of p99 who also are very familiar with DN -

A mob does spawn at the wiki given loc, and paths the same here as on live. On live, it spawns as Courier quite often. Here, nobody I've talked to has seen it.

Dlammaz PH may exist but no one can recall seeing anytime remotely recently.
Old 09-13-2022, 06:48 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update

Added Chetari Courier as a normal (rare) possibility at the suggested loc.
Last edited by nilbog; 09-13-2022 at 06:54 PM..
Old 09-13-2022, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed, pending update

Added Chetari Courier as a normal (rare) possibility at the suggested loc.
thanks bog.