Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 09-22-2022, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3% more haste is nothing to sneeze at. Will you notice it on a single mob? Probably not, but over the course of the char's leveling time to 60? I'll take the 34%.

Going from RBG to RBB used to be a pretty big deal upgrade.
This

EverQuest and p99 is a game of inches. 3% haste is more than most high end players can hope for with dkp buys.

Ps: TStaff and max haste is as good as most scrub monks can manage without tunare and NToV loot.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-22-2022, 03:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you ensnare the elemental and it doesn't reset while ensnared? If so, my best theory (all untested, I have an enchanter not a druid): set a bear pet on the ph, go to that hallway near the ww zoneline, pet attack the ph. Does the elemental come solo? I think it might: the pet directly aggros the ph, so you get social aggro on the elemental, but the ph gets blurred because you are on land, hopefully leaving you with just social aggro on the elemental, which doesn't social more mobs.

If snare parking the elemental is possible, you might be able to charm-suicide the ph into the other two mobs. After that you would be left with one seahorse and one mermaid in the camp for charm 1v1.
The druid to ask would be Sugz.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you ensnare the elemental and it doesn't reset while ensnared? If so, my best theory (all untested, I have an enchanter not a druid): set a bear pet on the ph, go to that hallway near the ww zoneline, pet attack the ph. Does the elemental come solo? I think it might: the pet directly aggros the ph, so you get social aggro on the elemental, but the ph gets blurred because you are on land, hopefully leaving you with just social aggro on the elemental, which doesn't social more mobs.

If snare parking the elemental is possible, you might be able to charm-suicide the ph into the other two mobs. After that you would be left with one seahorse and one mermaid in the camp for charm 1v1.

I dunno how that'll go,but If anyone tries it on green I definitely want to watch
Old 09-22-2022, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oof you should probably stick to caster threads.
You should stick to p2002 threads, you don't play here.
Old 09-26-2022, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Progress!! guildie gave me a decent deal on fungi, still owe him 10.8k on it, got the jboots, rest is mostly filler for now including the staff but hard to beat for 300pp until the IFS + seahorse secured.
Old 09-26-2022, 04:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Progress!! guildie gave me a decent deal on fungi, still owe him 10.8k on it, got the jboots, rest is mostly filler for now including the staff but hard to beat for 300pp until the IFS + seahorse secured.
You should be able to find a staff of battle for around that price as well and it's about 2 lbs lighter than a wu's quivering staff for just about the same dps. It's a very underrated monk 2hb, 31/37 is very decent imo.
Old 09-26-2022, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should be able to find a staff of battle for around that price as well and it's about 2 lbs lighter than a wu's quivering staff for just about the same dps. It's a very underrated monk 2hb, 31/37 is very decent imo.
Wu's much better until level 30 though.

I used IFS just to keep my skill up until 30 and once I hit it, the damage skyrocketed.

Slow to level it though.
Old 09-26-2022, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
yeah its not something i even need tbh, literally just if i want to log into ec tunnel and smash stuff.
Old 10-23-2022, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

(toon has skin like nature on)
Progress on the purchasing:

Dual Jade maces(for 1-20 + its fun)
Fungi Tunic 58k (great guildie deal)
Black Pantherskin Sleeves
Black Pantherskin Boots
Black Pantherskin Leggings
Black Pantherskin Shoulderpads
Black Pantherskin Gloves
that 5 piece set was bundle deal for 4900pp, plus fashionquest.
Executioners Hood 200pp
Sarnak Hide Mask 100pp
Black Pantherskin Wrist 300pp
Hardened Clay Bracelet 500pp
Hooded Black Cloak - Owned from previous toon years ago- free\
2x Velium Fire Wedding Rings 750pp total (shoulda just got the 55hp ones oh well)
Orc Fang Earring - Free from guildie
Diamondine Earring - 100pp
Runed Lava Pendant - 400pp

Still to Purchase:
IFS -7-8k expected
Spiked Seahorse Belt 18-20k expected --- unless someone thinks an epic 58-59 druid can solo this camp.
Potions: Leaning towards some teleport pots for innothule/cabilis/everfrost/thurg --- longterm no rush.

So far just been having a blast murdering orcs and pawns to get freeport faction. Have a goal of just getting non kos to sneak train at monk guild in the future, once i have the seahorse belt I will actually leave EC orc genocide behind and really level.

Thanks for all the help, will give final updates but thought it'd be cool to show the progress on the advice, even though i bought some unnecessary black pantherskin armor, enjoying the comsetic aspect.
Old 10-23-2022, 02:00 PM
Banned

I assume you mean 48k for the fungi as 58k is not a great deal. Also you'd do more dmg with a different offhand, like some knuckle dusters.