Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-03-2022, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah, like "drain the swamp"
He did, and all the sludge went to the DNC.

Follow the shaman.

Not the colonizers.
Old 10-03-2022, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

If they sent me to debtors prison they may as well just put me down.
Old 10-19-2022, 08:32 PM
Fire Giant

My daughter attends a 4-year university on the west coast. She graduates next semester. I pay for school and basic living expenses and she has had a part-time job for the extras.

About a year ago she got into an exclusive program within her major and stopped working part time due to workload, but decided she didn't want to give up the extras. So she took out school loans as opposed to cutting back on luxuries.

I just found out about this today. Long story short, she'll graduate with just $2,500 in debt once the forgiveness process is approved. Thanks for $10K worth of lattes, yoga, nails, etc., America. She appreciates it.
Old 10-19-2022, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My daughter attends a 4-year university on the west coast. She graduates next semester. I pay for school and basic living expenses and she has had a part-time job for the extras.

About a year ago she got into an exclusive program within her major and stopped working part time due to workload, but decided she didn't want to give up the extras. So she took out school loans as opposed to cutting back on luxuries.

I just found out about this today. Long story short, she'll graduate with just $2,500 in debt once the forgiveness process is approved. Thanks for $10K worth of lattes, yoga, nails, etc., America. She appreciates it.
Yea whatever Deadbeat
Old 10-19-2022, 09:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea whatever Deadbeat
I'll pay way more in federal taxes this year than you'll earn, you deplorable piece of shit.

And I think the whole thing is a sham, but thanks for playing.
Old 10-19-2022, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

The last thing we need is the state subsidizing college. And more corrupt licensing industries and schemes.

Regular jobs should pay more. And less jobs should require degrees. More ppl should learn on the job and get paid for it.. instead of having colleges or companies stealing their work as unpaid students..interns or slaves.. Gg.
Last edited by magnetaress; 10-19-2022 at 09:22 PM..
Old 10-19-2022, 09:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The last thing we need is the state subsidizing college. And more corrupt licensing industries and schemes.

Regular jobs should pay more. And less jobs should require degrees. More ppl should learn on the job and get paid for it.. instead of having colleges or companies stealing their work as unpaid students..interns or slaves.. Gg.
Its worse. The state subsidizes living expenses while you go to college. A huge chunk of the debt goes to living expenses.

It's like welfare, but with zero qualification or oversight.
Old 10-19-2022, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll pay way more in federal taxes this year than you'll earn, you deplorable piece of shit.

And I think the whole thing is a sham, but thanks for playing.
Yea whatever Deadbeat
Old 10-19-2022, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

I am small time so owed around 12,000 total after college. My payment was so small and deferred for years, so glad to potentially have it removed. For anyone 100k+ in debt, its a pointless gesture.

Glad its gone for me, (if it passes) since it was basically a $45 tax every month.

I had no help from family or anything, so the golden spoon wasn't an option, so I am glad loans were an option.

I do like how individuals over 125k or married couples over 250k cant claim. I mean, that is sort of a snaffu though, since you have situations where parents are paying for their kids already, but the children are the ones with the income proof issue.

Oh well, cry about it unless its benefitting you in some way lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2022, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0053g0053 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am small time so owed around 12,000 total after college. My payment was so small and deferred for years, so glad to potentially have it removed. For anyone 100k+ in debt, its a pointless gesture.

Glad its gone for me, (if it passes) since it was basically a $45 tax every month.

I had no help from family or anything, so the golden spoon wasn't an option, so I am glad loans were an option.

I do like how individuals over 125k or married couples over 250k cant claim. I mean, that is sort of a snaffu though, since you have situations where parents are paying for their kids already, but the children are the ones with the income proof issue.

Oh well, cry about it unless its benefitting you in some way lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct idiom is silver spoon, is it correct that impurities can be filtered through a cotton ball after heat is applied?

The TV said so in Breaking Bad.