Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is trip hop?
It's a genre of music that came out of Bristol in the 1990's, sometimes also referred to as Acid Jazz. The most popular artist (probably the defining artist) that most would know is Massive Attack. Others include Portishead, early Hooverphonic, Emancipator, and some Zero 7. There are a lot more artists that dip into this area, but I think the links I just posted do a decent enough job of showing what the genre sounds like. It is my favorite area of music outside of 60's and 70's progressive/psychadelic rock, like Pink Floyd and Yes, but trip hop plays in the background a lot better.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 08-12-2014 at 10:32 AM..
Old 08-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Decided to bring the stream up. Feel free to drop in. Currently duoing 3rd floor COM on my shaman with my buddy Ralanov. Bring any questions you may have about the game, or the classes I play.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:29 PM
Sarnak

Record them for future viewing! Or for those who miss them! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Another mid-week special: Chardok AE. Ever wondered what Chardok AE is? Want to see the most obscene abuse of game mechanics in EverQuest? Tune in now!
Old 08-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Sarnak

Would love to watch your stream man but it's never on when I want to watch. Any way you could enable the archiving of past broadcasts? I googled and found this: http://help.twitch.tv/customer/porta...ts-not-saving-
Old 08-15-2014, 09:20 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Uteunayr - Did you happen to catch the event in kurns the other day? If so, I'd like to link that video in my "event" thread.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

The event was captured and streamed, but it was not recorded. I play a steady stream of copyrighted music, and just recently twitch.tv has started screwing around with videos that record copyrighted music.

In other words, there is no way to see what I streamed again. Those who saw it were the audience that got to see it.

All future streams will be recorded, but will either be taken down immediately, or have their audio track stripped. I would rather not sit around and play EQ with no music. Music is kind of a big deal for me, lol.

To everyone else, stream is up now!
Last edited by Uteunayr; 08-16-2014 at 04:51 PM..
Old 08-16-2014, 04:51 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uteunayr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The event was captured and streamed, but it was not recorded. I play a steady stream of copyrighted music, and just recently twitch.tv has started screwing around with videos that record copyrighted music.

In other words, there is no way to see what I streamed again. Those who saw it were the audience that got to see it.

To everyone else, stream will be up momentarily.
So sad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You couldn't have picked non-copyrighted music just for that one stream? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

good cameraman, bad producer. banned! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-16-2014, 04:51 PM
Retired GM

And I think you only died like, 2 times? so you caught almost the whole thing too! doh!
Old 08-16-2014, 06:04 PM
Fire Giant

After my Fear train FRAPS, I think the camera man status is secured for sure. :P

As for non-copyrighted music... Massive Attack won out over Beethoven.

I died about 4 times, and they were for extended periods. However, I did get, I believe, first look at the Avatar by IVUing past the samhains before IB's first excursion up. There wouldn't be too much in my recording worth viewing probably. It was like 2 hours of sitting outside of Chardok, and then the 30 minutes of the final fight, which I died half way through.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 08-16-2014 at 08:26 PM..
Closed Thread