Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 04:48 AM
Aviak

Default CoS - Newbie Necro

Hi guys, started a Iks Nec called Jaanvir a few weeks ago.
Am lvl 17 and at Kurns atm.
Should I concentrate on saving up everything for a CoS or
is it not essential until I'm higher in level?

Should I look to upgrade other stats?? Am wearing regular cloth apart from
a robe that some kindly player from Knights who say Nii gave to me at lvl 4.

What upgrade path should I be looking at?? Int, int and more int or a mixture
of Int and Sta/hp items?.

Oh and travelling as an Iksar is making me nervous... have loads of bone chips to
sell but if I get a port to WC to make the run to EC what kind of problems am I likely to encounter?

Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-18-2015, 12:20 AM
Large Rat

Traveling is not so bad.. Just forget that banks are in the game, and every guard you see is lava. If you get a druid port to WC, make sure you're invis because the NPCs at the ring are KoS.. Watch for Sgt Slate in East Commons (he walks along the southern path near the sandy area) and stay away from buildings. You can sell to Shady in the tunnel, but for food and water you'll need to run over to Oasis and buy from one of the gypsies.. I ran my iksar necro over to EC at level 5 and had someone bind me near the gnome tent in west freeport..(I like to do things the hard way sometimes).. I'd suggest waiting on a port though - as the journey is a pretty brutal one.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I am still pretty new myself but I can give you some info on my path. First thing you need to do it look at Sesserdrix's guide(Link here). I think some of the level suggestions for certain camps might be a little off but its an amazing guide. Dudes like crazy good necro.
If you follow the guide for Levels 24-31, treants in south karana are the best. Will get a ton of plat that you can save up for a cos. However I went there at 24 and struggled a great deal in killing them. Might have been my inexperience but they resisted so many spells that I couldnt kill em. I came back at 27-28 and stayed there till 32. This is a well know spot and its constantly camped but eventually you will get it. From 27-31 I got enough for my cos. In my opinion spend what you have on gear so you can level faster to mid 20's so you can kill treants. The cos is useful but I don't know if its game changing. Still something you should save up for and buy. It will be getting nerfed in a few months and prices will go up. So get it while you can.

Secondly check out this gearing guide(link here). Some of the items on it are definitely for later lvls but it does list some low to mid lvl items. Some items that i bought early on and cheaply were Savant's Cap,Silver Rose Engagement Ring, Bracelet of Woven Grass. I spent the majority of my bonechip money on a Stein of Moggok. It will be with you for quite a while. I focused mainly on int items then replaced some with stam when i got Call of bones at 34. Also while you are still in Kurns check out this quest. Great neckless and not all that hard with a group and some luck.

Porting into WC can be tricky. There are 2 druids close by that will attack and kill you. All you need to do is invis before the druid ports you. You will still be invis after the port. Cant see you so they cant kill you. There are human guards and gryphons in both WC and EC that will wreck your face but if you are careful and watch where you are going you should be fine.

Also you dont necessarily have to go to ec to sell your bonechips. While i was in FoB i saw alot of higher lvls looking to buy chips. Either to lvl alts faster or rep turn ins. Most would offer a bs price of like 4-5 plat. Chips sell for 10pp a stack in ec. There is a difference in price yeah but 50% off is way too much when a port to wc costs like 30.I didnt take anything less than 8pp a stack in FoB.

Hopes this helped.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:08 AM
Sarnak

As an Iksar Necro, you will have to make tough decisions if you do not decide to stay on Kunark.

Your priorities (in order), should be Spells -> CoS (Can solo in 40s, or just buy) -> JBoots (Can solo in mid 30s) -> Clicky item (such as goblin earring) -> HP gear -> INT/Mana gear.

You could theoretically level to 60 naked, so don't fret too much about stat gear. Utility items are more important for you. If I had to pick a few things to keep on my necro, it would be my CoS, Jboots, Goblin Earring, and 55 HP Rings + my robe.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:18 AM
Aviak

Thanks all for the great advice. Sesserdrix's guide is definitely something I'll be perusing
and going back to again and again.

Omg, Sgt Slate... Now there's a name I haven't heard in many a year!!!
Yes spells are my biggest priority... one of the reasons I wanted to get to EC was
because I heard Hungry Earth was up for sale and I NEED that spell hehe. Esp in Kurns!

After that I'm gonna be saving hard for a CoS before it gets nerfed and prices go
through the roof.

Strange thing is that I used to play a Pally on live and I recreated him on P99 but I'd
forgotten how damn hard it was to level him so thought I'd make a necro to plat farm and twink my Pally out a bit but I'm enjoying my Nec so, so much that I haven't played my Pally for weeks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Again many thanks all and happy hunting!!
Old 08-20-2015, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Which level ranges would you adjust? My experience leveling is -quite- out of date by now, so I depend upon feedback to alter the level ranges for camps and stuff in the guide.

As for the OP, I wouldn't worry much about traveling as an Iksar. It isn't bad. Circlet of Shadow definitely helps, but with Feign Death banking, and knowing where to find Iksar friendly merchants (see a new section in my guide), it isn't bad at all. Getting Freeport/Qeynos merchant faction is a joke (30 minutes, a druid friend, and 20 plat on Rohand's Brandy), which greatly increases your merchant friendliness. At 34 with Call of Bones for Neriak, and other evil cities... Not tough to manage. I would definitely make earning money a priority, so aim for cash camps (Sisters, Gargoyles, Treants) rather than XP camps. The price on Circlet of Shadow wont rise too incredibly fast, thanks to how many people have been saving them, but the sooner the cheaper. It is the single best clickie on this or any character I play. Mixing it with Feign Death is just great.

I also agree with Ando above. Utility items are priority. For me, though, I'd keep CoS, Jboots, Goblin Earring, Words of Darkness, Bracer of the Hidden, Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap, Wand of Darkness, Mage Clickie Reclaim Energy item, and utility staffs (Fear stick, debuff stick, etc). I also wouldn't skimp on cheap HP gear like 65 HP rings. They are low cost, high impact.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 08-20-2015 at 01:39 PM..
Old 08-21-2015, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uteunayr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which level ranges would you adjust? My experience leveling is -quite- out of date by now, so I depend upon feedback to alter the level ranges for camps and stuff in the guide.

As for the OP, I wouldn't worry much about traveling as an Iksar. It isn't bad. Circlet of Shadow definitely helps, but with Feign Death banking, and knowing where to find Iksar friendly merchants (see a new section in my guide), it isn't bad at all. Getting Freeport/Qeynos merchant faction is a joke (30 minutes, a druid friend, and 20 plat on Rohand's Brandy), which greatly increases your merchant friendliness. At 34 with Call of Bones for Neriak, and other evil cities... Not tough to manage. I would definitely make earning money a priority, so aim for cash camps (Sisters, Gargoyles, Treants) rather than XP camps. The price on Circlet of Shadow wont rise too incredibly fast, thanks to how many people have been saving them, but the sooner the cheaper. It is the single best clickie on this or any character I play. Mixing it with Feign Death is just great.

I also agree with Ando above. Utility items are priority. For me, though, I'd keep CoS, Jboots, Goblin Earring, Words of Darkness, Bracer of the Hidden, Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap, Wand of Darkness, Mage Clickie Reclaim Energy item, and utility staffs (Fear stick, debuff stick, etc). I also wouldn't skimp on cheap HP gear like 65 HP rings. They are low cost, high impact.

any recommendation where a good money camp is for lvl 26-30?

-Humyan 26 Iksar Necro
Old 08-21-2015, 05:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sisters in OOT will be the best cash camp for you at 26 as a necro.

Can move to treants in SK in a couple levels as well for the best cash camp through 34.

Keep in mind it isn't worth halting leveling to do those camps if they are unvailable.

Get them levels and get more money later.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaral [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep in mind it isn't worth halting leveling to do those camps if they are unvailable.
Good point to keep in mind. Money comes easier the higher the level you become.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Banned

I'd work on leveling and solo/camp it when you get to the 40s.
Closed Thread