Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New player iskar necro questions

Is there still an exp penalty and how hard will it be for a new player to deal with being hated everywhere. How does one buy and sell without getting killed once I leave the starting city because I do want to group a lot due this being eq and all and I over the social part of the game.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:57 PM
Fire Giant

So, a week late, but:

There is an XP penalty for being Iksar. I believe it is 20%.

Being hated everywhere isn't too much of a problem really, it just means you need to spend more time learning the world than other people might. Check out this part of my necro guide where I put together a list of a number of iksar friendly vendors that exist outside of Kunark. As a necromancer, being hated is a part of the experience. Get used to it. With things like CoS (though rarer), and Feign Death, dealing with things hating you is easy.

If you want to group a lot, pick a new class. Necros can do well in groups, but you are unlikely to be highly sought after.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:33 PM
Kobold

Do the red wine quest in Neriak for Lokar To'Biath (sp?). It takes a lot (like 8 full bags worth), but I now have a regular tee time with the guards and the vendors every Tuesday near the wizard spires! Seriously, the vendors con amiably. Check it out. A little time consuming but worth it. I actually bind in the Bank in Neriak on my 40 IKS NEC.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:36 PM
Kobold

Also, follow Sesserdrix's guide! I follow that when not grouping with my friend. I personally love my Scaly life by it. :-) ^^
Old 07-31-2016, 06:08 PM
Banned

As much as iksar is supposed to be the master race, and shopping doesn't matter anywhere. I eventually rerolled to erudite necromancer and enjoy the leveling speed and ability to shop more places.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:35 PM
Fire Giant

ya done messed up A-A-ron
Old 08-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Do Iksars still have regen bonus? Trolls as well? Just started on p99.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:15 PM
Kobold

Iksar and trolls do regen a little faster than other races. Check the wiki on the necromancer page. I think it's listed there at least for Iksar.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rob242 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar and trolls do regen a little faster than other races. Check the wiki on the necromancer page. I think it's listed there at least for Iksar.
The necromancer page does not list Troll regen, as Trolls cannot be Necromancers. However, Trolls have the same regeneration benefits that Iksars enjoy and this fact is reflected in the race's wiki page.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:39 PM
Fire Giant

I'm an Ikky Necro, the HP regen is 100% worth it, 50+ you really have to keep the thought out of your mind youre doing 20% more level than everyone else lol. HP Regen > XP Penalty in the end, imo