Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-01-2022, 11:18 PM
Fire Giant

Default GINA Question

I love how nParse groups buff and debuff timers by the character or mob they were applied to, I've been trying to get GINA to group timers rather than them be all mixed up for years to no avail.

I see a "Group by Character" option on each overlay, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all. I have the {s} at the end of my timers, I moved it to the front thinking that might fix the "Group by Character" situation but it still does nothing.

Any GINA experts happen to know what that option does if anything, or how I can get my timers grouped by target name?

For example when I'm root-rotting 5 mobs, my roots and dots on them are all mixed up, and again, I'd like them to be grouped/stacked together based on target, thanks!
Old 07-02-2022, 04:26 PM
Large Rat

The group by character is based on the character's log that is being read ({C} trigger), seems only useful in multi-box scenarios.
Grouping timers based on target name or matching string ({S} trigger), I don't see a way to do that.
Old 07-03-2022, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

That's a damn shame. In that case, any idea why nParse doesn't track/pick up Clarity/C2/GoPT when cast by other people? Or if there's a way to have nParse trigger multiple timers for multiple mobs with the same name or if it's just set in stone to reset the timers with identical names with no alternative?
Old 07-07-2022, 09:25 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karanis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a damn shame. In that case, any idea why nParse doesn't track/pick up Clarity/C2/GoPT when cast by other people? Or if there's a way to have nParse trigger multiple timers for multiple mobs with the same name or if it's just set in stone to reset the timers with identical names with no alternative?
Because durations vary based on the level of the caster. Since the text log doesn't show caster level, nparse doesn't know how long the duration will be.

And the text log doesn't differentiate whether you cast a spell on a new mob or refreshed it on the old one.

Still, there are some enhancements I'd love to have nparse implement, like:

Keep most recent /loc when loading new map from menu
Make compass face north when true north is cast
Fix ultravision icon to be eye instead of flexing arm
When only one timer for a negative spell is running, make early breaks like "Your Root spell has worn off" remove the timer (charms too)
Similarly, remove spells when the worn off message is logged. Especially Invisibility and similar when "You Appear" is logged
Remove buffs on self upon death
Last edited by Suri; 07-07-2022 at 09:27 AM..
Old 07-07-2022, 06:29 PM
Skeleton

Some of this can be done.

For instance, for my invisibility timer in Gina in the "Timer" tab I put "You appear." in the End early text box.

Now if I do something that makes me appear, the timer will go away.
Old 10-02-2022, 08:59 AM
Orc

You can create separate overlays for each mob. You would also need to create separate and specific timers for each mob for each spell as well. I do this for respawn timers. I put them all in the same overlay, of course. I have to create separate timers for pet incase they kill mob instead of me. You can also allow for multiple instances of a spell. You would just have to remember the order you applied them.