Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-05-2022, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Get you a guild wherein you are happy to see your guildmates get loot because you like and respect them.
Old 08-18-2022, 12:16 PM
Orc

Thanks for the folks that helped me find the Drift. Random loot with some restricted rolls that feel really fair. I'm looking forward to end game content again. Not feeling any bad Ju Ju towards those who are point system advocates, just not interested in a system that will never give me a lot of options since I can't do end game content all that often. Like Potatus said, get happy.
Old 08-18-2022, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

You have MORE options in a more serious raid guild, but no one ever believes it when people try to explain it. Hope you enjoy the Drift, I'm sure its a fine crew.
Old 08-18-2022, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have MORE options in a more serious raid guild, but no one ever believes it when people try to explain it. Hope you enjoy the Drift, I'm sure its a fine crew.
Yup. Even if you don't attend a lot of raids, the reality is a lot of items don't cost a lot of DKP. If you are just a casual player going for something like a Child's Tear, you will have an easier time getting it in a big DKP guild, especially since they kill more targets (more opportunities to get DKP that fit into your schedule). I have seen that item go for like 1 DKP lol. It's practically free.

In a casual guild you will be getting less targets (less raids that fit into your schedule), and less chance of getting the item you want in any single raid due to the RNG of /random. The only benefit to being in a random guild is if there is a server event that removes competition, your guild somehow kills a higher end target, and you win an item that is worth a lot of DKP.

This doesn't really happen though, since the high DKP value items tend to drop off of mobs that smaller guilds can't handle anyway, so they won't be able to kill it during a server event.

Server events where multiple guilds team up to kill Vulak and /random the loot doesn't count, since that kind of event nullifies whatever reward system the guilds have.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-18-2022 at 02:41 PM..
Old 08-18-2022, 03:49 PM
Large Bat

Freya's Chariot is dead soon.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

To be fair, people often feel overwhelmed jumping straight from leveling a toon into a high end raid guild. People stepping up from leveling guild > casual raiding > competitive raiding are usually more comfortable at each step. But still, the idea that people with lower playtimes can't benefit from joining the hardcore guilds is absolutely the opposite of reality.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, people often feel overwhelmed jumping straight from leveling a toon into a high end raid guild. People stepping up from leveling guild > casual raiding > competitive raiding are usually more comfortable at each step. But still, the idea that people with lower playtimes can't benefit from joining the hardcore guilds is absolutely the opposite of reality.
As someone with very minor raiding experience, only done a little TOV and that zone with the statue of rallos zek or whatever--totally agree.

One of the perks of joining a hardcore raiding guild is that a lot of those people are cranked in gear. I was able to pickup huge upgrades because I was there and there was simply no one else who wanted the item.

I came in with a "I don't want any items I just want to see a big ass dragon die" attitude and did whatever I was told to do, and I got to get a few neat items for it.
Old 08-18-2022, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If a player wants loot the worst thing he can do is join one of the lower or middle tier guilds that don't get all that much of it for the time they put in. Want loot, start at the highest-end guild you can get in to because guilds on P1999 aren't very exclusive like they were in the original game and mostly they take anyone who has a pulse.

There are reasons to hang out in the lower-tier guilds, but loot is not it. For example I refuse to join DKP guilds on general principle (I regard it as akin to gilded age company scrip) and I don't much care for raids, so I float around in lower-end guilds as they come and go. That's a good reason to do that. Loot, is not. At best you'll quit the low end guild and simply use it as a stepping-stone and you'll end up with a bunch of people mad at you for your trouble.

Danth
Old 08-19-2022, 02:51 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who is hugely against roll loot is way too addicted to this game and needs to step back
Old 08-20-2022, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who is hugely against roll loot is way too addicted to this game and needs to step back