Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-01-2022, 07:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I didn’t really understand either, though I don’t think africa has discovered boats yet or Archimedes principle
His family originated from from old Valeria. And the continent was considered very diverse.
The show changed the appearance from the book, but so what? The show so far is entertaining and well acted.
Old 09-01-2022, 11:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrece [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GRRM is an RPG/lore genius and his work made film deserves viewership. It is frankly too good for 90% of this generation yet here we have it.

Anyhow...

They've already changed one thing (death in birth due to EVIL MAN PERSON making the choice) for the sake of their political agenda. They like to leave out the part the mother being at risk is still a deciding factor in the states banning it. God did I cringe at that being super obvious, the gore and wailing doesn't phase me as I am made of sterner stuff and cannot be swayed by such cheap parlor tricks.

I'd presume the hang time of the Daenrys bit in the opener is their way of signaling they haven't forgotten how the last one ended and shattered their dreams of political narrative alignment with the ending. So they're letting you know some kind of cringe revenge attempt is coming, like that can change anything from the previous superior show now.

I overheard a coworker at a previous job talking about how she was up all night dry heaving and crying (who knows if thats true or just crocodile tears) about the ending of the "bad ass" in "her show".

I'm ready for the ultimate cringe in the episodes to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its just woke sjw propaganda at this point
Did you get this from Infowars? Not everything is about politics you backward retards.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you get this from Infowars? Not everything is about politics you backward retards.
the girls side wins this one too btw, though it is canon.
Old 09-02-2022, 10:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the girls side wins this one too btw, though it is canon.
GRRM likes writing strong female leads, nothing wrong with it. It’s not like it never existed at times in history either. Look at Catherine the Great as an example.
Old 09-02-2022, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GRRM likes writing strong female leads, nothing wrong with it. It’s not like it never existed at times in history either. Look at Catherine the Great as an example.
Or, you can be an idiot Trumptard and get outraged over the marxist agenda in a tv show about dragons.
Old 09-02-2022, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Red face OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or, you can be an idiot Trumptard and get outraged over the marxist agenda in a tv show about dragons.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-02-2022, 03:33 PM
Banned

Ok in regards to what is the messaging question, don’t kill me as the messenger here. I haven’t even watched the show, this is just what I’ve heard so it might be a stretch

Apparently the show reinforces that pregnancy is dangerous to the mother. The takeaway could be that modern day abortion is in a way a form of self-preservation. Now, how much less dangerous are modern day pregnancies than ones in a medieval-ish fantasy world? I dunno, I really don’t follow or read up on either recreationally
Old 09-02-2022, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok in regards to what is the messaging question, don’t kill me as the messenger here. I haven’t even watched the show, this is just what I’ve heard so it might be a stretch

Apparently the show reinforces that pregnancy is dangerous to the mother. The takeaway could be that modern day abortion is in a way a form of self-preservation. Now, how much less dangerous are modern day pregnancies than ones in a medieval-ish fantasy world? I dunno, I really don’t follow or read up on either recreationally

tyrion killed tywin's wife in childbirth
Old 09-02-2022, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

What a load of dragon shit. It’s pretty well known that pregnancy and birth were both very dangerous in medieval time. Regardless of social status or money.

The king was left with a choice to save the mother or the child. And they made sure that it was clearly a hard choice for him to make. But being a king with no male heir, he chose the child. It wasn’t portrayed as some evil decision that he made while laughing maniacally.

I’m sorry, but if you watched it and thought it was “woke”, or whatever nonsense Patreace posted above, then you’re a dumbass who’s grasping at straws for the sake of partisan bullshit.
Old 09-02-2022, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have watched it. The entire scene plays out with a successful cesarean and happy mother/child if it takes place in our world at our level of technology. It's somewhat about the politics of the day in a made up world, not ours.